It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Introducing Myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing Myself

Postby nikic84 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:59 am

Hi All,

I really hope that this forum and it's members can help me in loosing this horrible weight.

I'm 28, married and mum of 2. My boy who is 2.5 years old and my precious princess who is 10 weeks old. I had always been happy with my weight until I turned 21, met my hubby and became lazy and then a busy mum. I went from a size 10 in 2004 to a size 16 in 2007 and just kept going up and up from then on. After I had my son I was 98kg and discovered I had gallstones. It was so sever that the only thing I could eat for 3 months was toast and chicken breast. After eating only that for the 3 months i managed to loose nearly 20kg. But after my surgery I went back to my horrible eating and the weight came on quicker than it had come off.
Now that I've had my daughter I"m at my heaviest at 103.5kg and really feeling horrible about it. It's not just the weight that I'm worried about but also other health issues that I'm worried about, such as my high blood pressure, the constant exhaustion and dizziness.
I'm classified as obese on the BMI index and I think that was a big wake up call. I could handle overweight but obese just scares me.

So I'm hoping with your help and some motivation that I'll be able to kick his bad addiction called SUGAR and get healthy and slim at the same time.
SW - 103.5
1st GW - 90kg
nikic84

Re: Introducing Myself

Postby Sydneygirl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:07 am

Welcome! Well you have come to the right place. This is a great supportive community of people that have either been on or are currently on this journey.

What is you plan. What changes are you going to make to start off? It can be a good idea to make some smaller goals as well which helps motivation. Each time you reach a mini goal you can reward yourself (preferably with something non-food, but if food is truly the bigger motivator then use this, but use it wisely and don't over do it and undo all your good work!)

Health is a big motivator, and especially so with 2 young kids. (Congrats on the new baby!)
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby FXST01 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 am

Welcome aboard Nikic84,

I'm new here myself. :D
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Welcome and I hope that you will find support and encouragement from this forum.

Today is the first day to your better future. Get healthy and fit for your husband, two kids but especially yourself. It's time to seize life and get all it can offer you. No more being the spectator as it dashes past you.

I know from my own experience that if you lose the weight your body will bounce back to fitness and healthiness very quickly. You are tired (apart from the newborn!) because of all that extra weight you are carrying all day long. Once that comes off you'll be bouncing around and full of beans! :lol:

It is good that you called it when your BMI showed you at obese. I let it get to super obese before the penny dropped for me. :shock:

Start by making small healthy changes in your life. Learn good habits to replace the bad ones. Work at making a healthy lifestyle that works for you and you will achieve success.

Wishing you a better future
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 pm

All the best to you, Nikic!
the more you lose the better you will feel :D

You know what is wrong to eat so avoid it as much as possible and exchange it for a healthier option.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Introductions