It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:57 am

Free Newsletter

Another newbie!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another newbie!

Postby Pixie-Apples » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi all,
My name is Kirsten and I'm trying to lose weight...
I've struggled with my weight since my late teens, and I was at my heaviest when I was 23. I lost 20kg then, now I'm 26 and I've put 10kg back on since starting university and moving to melbourne. I recently started eating healthily and exercising (about a 5 weeks ago) and I lost 3 kilos, but since quitting smoking 3 weeks ago I've stacked it all back on and I was even putting more weight on... so I bit the bullet and went to my doctor, I was given Duromine (15mg) and this is day 2 (I'm calling it day 1a because yesterday all I did was take the duromine, no exercise). Aside from not much sleep I haven't encountered any side effects yet, so fingers crossed I don't get any :)
Pixie-Apples

Re: Another newbie!

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Hello Kirsten

Good on you for quitting both smoking and eating unhealthily. It takes time to lose weight, so it is important to be dedicated, persevere, and not worry about minor setbacks. You're young, which means investing in your health now will reward you for a long time afterward.
CronicBadger

Postby Pixie-Apples » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

little update cause im super proud of myself.
thursday i went for a 5k walk in my local park... it hurt, it was hot, i was sweaty and gross, and old people lapped me while i stopped cause my ex-smoking lungs needed ventolin, but i kept going! usually i give up.. not this time tho :)
friday - only 3k's but still better than nothing.
didn't do anything today due to early start at work. there's always tomorrow tho :)
I've gone from 69kg to 67.8 and i'm pumped to keep going. I'm determined to eat healthily and not rely on the duromine to make up for bad food choices.

my lesson for the week: if you sort out food before you're hungry there's less of a chance of you eating censored

I would love to find someone (or a few people) who'd be keen to go walking with me (its a pretty slow pace cause a) i am ridiculously unfit and b) I've got short legs! can anyone recommend a place in the forum to ask?

thanks
Kirsten
Pixie-Apples

Postby FXST01 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Hello Kirsten,

Welcome aboard and best of luck in your endeavour. Keep us informed, remember we want to you 'less' of you. :D
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby Tea85 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 am

Wow, 5ks!! I walk 2.4ks every morning with the intent of increasing it but all I've done is increase speed. After 2 months I'm only just getting the hang of it.

Congrats on a great weight loss already! It's the best motivation seeing those numbers on the scales heading down!

I must say I love your weeks lesson! Make so much sense!

As for the walking buddy, I think there is a special place to post but I guess you post here. Where abouts are you?

Good luck on your journey. Tegan xx
Tea85

Return to Introductions