It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby jolinar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 am

Hi, I'm Julz and I'm hoping to get some help here.

I have some physical issues that can cause problems with exercising, but I'm determined to overcome or go around them.

Julz.
Timing is everything
jolinar

Re: Newbie

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Julz

The first thing you need to do is to make a plan:
Work out how much weight you need to lose.
Work out your daily energy requirements and decide on the energy deficit you're most comfortable with.
(The weight-loss website has all the tools and calculators you need)

Add some minor goals.
Also, read the many useful articles on the main website.
I suggest you use a food diary - a record of what you eat will go a long way toward modifying any bad habits.

And finally, never give up!
CronicBadger

Re: Newbie

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Welcome Julz

The good news is that there is always a way around any problem when it comes to losing weight. As you get fit many of your physical problems will either get less or disappear completely.

When I started to lose weight I had a bad back, belly hernia the size of my fist, swollen ankles, sleep apnea and chronic asthma. My fitness level was so bad all I could manage was a 10 minute walk - and that would push me to the limit. Nowadays my back gives me no trouble, my hernia has been operated on because I reduced my weight, I've dropped a shoe size because my ankles are normal, I have restful sleep without any apnea and just this week my doctor has taken me off preventive asthma medication because of how good my lungs are. My fitness is such now that I can jog for an hour easily, sprint if need to, swim an hour worth of laps and do a vigorous hour on the exercise bike without trouble. It didn't happen overnight - but it did happen and it can happen for you to. Build slowly and you'll be surprised how quickly improvements will come.

One simple rule guided me throughout my weight loss...do no harm. Push yourself and challenge yourself but always listen to your body. If it is too hard back down a bit and try again later.

Wishing you all success for a better future
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions