It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:38 am

Free Newsletter

Hello there :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello there :)

Postby Kindred » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:52 am

Hi,

I'm a 30 year old male. I weigh in at between 140 to 145 kgs. My goals are:
- To drink only water and some alcohol no soda / soft dink or flavoured milk or juice or anything.
- To stop buying food from the major junkfood places (I swear they put stuff in their food to make it addictive).
- To make almost all the food I eat myself.
- Switch out some of the unhealthy things I eat for healthy things.
- I'd love to bring my weight to between 125 to 130kg by the end of next year.

Major milestones for me will be at the 10kg marks. My ideal weight would be between 90 to 100kgs (I'm fairly tall).

Regards
Kindred
Kindred

Re: Hello there :)

Postby Kindred » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:09 am

I also wanted to add that I have a friends wedding to go to in February and I want to try and drop down to 130 to 135 kgs. I'm not sure If I can do it but that's my short term aim.

I really need to start going for walks in the morning! I wonder how peeved my girlfriend would be if I set my alarm to go off at 5am to go for a walk? Hmm...
Kindred

Postby Tea85 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am

Hello :)

Welcome to the forum!! And good luck on your journey :)

I too have a goal of no soft drinks however I'm still struggling with it. I've defiantly slashed the amount drank dramatically (from 2lts + of coke a day! To about 4lts of Pepsi max a fortnight) I still haven't cut it out completely but still trying!

Hopefully your girlfriend would be supportive and encourage your early morning walks!

Tegan xxx
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Wecome Kindred

Why not invite your girlfriend to go with you? Or find a time that works better for the both of you? I know that my wife has found going on walks with me one of the rewarding things of my new healthy lifestyle. It's a great time to share and spend quality time with each other. Having a partner or a friend involved will make weight loss easier. It makes you more accountable and is helpful when trying to make healthy lifestyle changes in your life.

Juice used as a cordial to give you water a bit of flavour is ok...better than the alcohol you are allowing (maybe you can water that down too :shock: ). You are right to stay away from junkfood shops and soda/soft drinks. That will go a long way to a healthy start for your new lifestyle. You will be surprised by how quickly your taste buds will change and thank you for not putting that rubbish in your mouth anymore. I use to gulp coke down daily in large amounts...now I really don't enjoy it's taste anymore.

Your goals are modest and doable. I wish you success in your journey to a better future.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Kindred » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks,

My girlfriend can't go with me as she has a kid and we can't leave her alone. She would never go with me anyway I often ask her to go walking with me when her kid is with her father but she doesn't want to do it. She's really unfit. Im constantly amazed at how many people don't do any exercise of any form, over weight people, thin people it doesn't matter but lots of people don't do anything. I have no idea how they do it and feel so content. If I didn't get out and do something every couple of days Id go crazy.

Regard
Kindred
Kindred

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:57 pm

I've been on the other side of the fence. My wife and kid would invite me to walk with them but I'd refuse. I felt like I let them down but my unfitness and tiredness from being overweight overruled. Guess we all have to come to it in our own time. Maybe your example will inspire her!

It's important to remember that overweight people exercise all the time. "What?", I hear you say in disbelief. The idea that fat people are lazy is a cliche. Fat people are usually tired not lazy. Their laziness may have got them fat but they remain fat usually because they are tired not lazy. The average joe on the street would be just as tired if he had to carry around the extra weight that an obese person drags around. That's why obese people eat like a horse and their metabolism is faster than the average person - they are using energy up in buckets just walking around.

This point came to me one day as I was preparing a talk for my church. I wanted to illustrate how much I wanted to lose and how much I had to go. I had only 2 kilos to go, that was easy to show as I had a 2kg hand weight. To show the 87kgs, I weighed out that much in books (I have a lot of books). To transport them I put them into two big suit cases. I managed to just get one into the back of my car but need help getting the other one in. They were very heavy. That's when the penny dropped. This was the extra weight that I had been carrying 24/7 - all two very heavy cases of it. No wonder I was tired! Who wouldn't be?

To your inspirational journey...all success!
Kim
Blitz

Postby Kindred » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I started taking metamine hope it works out ok.
Kindred

Postby FXST01 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Howdy Kindred,

welcome aboard :D
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby Blitz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 am

I'm disappointed that you have decided to take metamine. :(

I'm a magician (yes...it's a real job) and when people have discovered that I've lost a lot of weight they think that I've discovered some hidden secret. They expect me to pull out my magic wand and wave the fat away. I tell them the truth. The truth is there are no short cuts in weight loss. I lost the weight one sweat drop at a time. No secret; I exercised and made healthy eating choices while watching portion size. People are ALWAYS disappointed with this answer. They want a magic solution. They are not prepared to wait and work at the problem.

You may lose some weight taking this pill but it won't last. A pill can't teach you how to live a healthy lifestyle. It will distort your natural body rhythm and you will pay the piper eventually for it.

I urge you to do it properly. Do it healthily and safely. Do it the way it deserves to be done.

With respect and concern
Kim
Blitz

Postby Kindred » Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm

I have bought my weight down to between 125-130kg already and seem to be able to maintain it. That was my initial goal. I think I will change my goal now to bring my weight down to 115-120 by the end of the year.

I gotta ween myself off those diet drinks. They dont seem to agree with me. I am feeling really sick all the time now.
Kindred

Postby Blitz » Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Keep working on those little lifestyle changes...they will add up in the end to success. A good guide is try keeping your basic foods simple, balanced and natural. Your body will thank you in the end (as you are discovering!).

You are chipping away at your weight in a steady way which means that slowing you are building a healthy lifestyle that will be permanent. Great job! :D
Wishing you all the best
Kim
Blitz

Return to Introductions