It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Free Newsletter

back on the radar AND NEED HELP

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

back on the radar AND NEED HELP

Postby time4change89 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 am

hey all im back

i was away in nsw for a while and have been ill and also bf has been having mental health issues that have been dealing with

that is manly what i want to talk about i hope that is ok , maybe some one has advice

well my partner is 21 and has been suffering with mental health issues since before i meet him - depression and other things as well

over the last few months it has been a some what constant fight with anxiety /panic disoder. although i feel like we are making steps in the right direction, i also feel worried and concerned that this is going to be our lifes ( even though his dc has said overwise) i would just like to say that i love him and there is no chance of us breaking up or our relationsip suffering through this but as i am sure u understand it has been hard seeing him so unhappy
his disorder includes him having full on shaking , breathing very fast , thoughts such as everything bad is his fault, some one is watching us when we are in our house, i am mad with him is one that he has alot and also the worst is the traffic lights are either judging him or brain washing him .. this is at his worst
i feel so horrid so even thinking about posting this and i feel like i will be judged or told to leave him so if there is feedback like that please dont write as i really dont need that atm sorry if that sound horrid but i am a little rundown and sick

i am hoping that with help from his doctor we are seeing thrusday that it will shine some light and maybe show a light at the end of the tunnel .... i am feeling like no matter wat i do im not helping ( i have anxiety disoder myself so i know wat to do and say to help him and also have been though tafe and going though uni studying human services and just completed psychology)
i had the chance to speak with his mother today who i felt understands that i am want her son healthy again and am willing to do any thing to help make that happen and she also said she understand i must be tired, being sick atm and dealing with bad turns isnt easy .... having lost my voice a few times laterly and now not having my hearing because of a middle ear infection made today very hard to take care of him.
i feel bad to say that i am happy that his staying at his parents as he feel asleep when we were there so i am at home alone very tired but also happy to have the house to myself and i was able to get the kitchen clean ( havent been ale to because of health and mental health)
i really havent been getting much sleep cuz of being sick and i think tonight will be the same cuz im alone

i think i should stop now and go and make a coffee
thanks for letting me vent
time4change89

Re: back on the radar AND NEED HELP

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 am

It is important that you should take care of yourself too. If you don't then you won't be able to give long term help to your partner. So make sure you give yourself some quality time, ok? :D

My prayers are with you
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Tea85 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 am

I agree with Kim you must look after yourself.

My hubby suffers from depression and anxiety, has done for 13 years but took him 10 years of our relationship before he got help. It's a hard road and often heartbreaking but can and will be better.

For me the best thing I ever done was get counseling upon his doctors advice. I thought nope no way I'm not sick but she has Been amazing. I only go once a month and basically just vent for an hour but she understands My hubby's illness like no other. No judgement just complete understanding.

I wish you luck for the future

Tegan xx
Tea85

Postby time4change89 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks u so much girls.... Woke up with out him today was a little odd but I hate to admit I slept will.. His styi g at his parents for today and maybe today because he feels his unae to leave the house, tomorrow hi got his counselling app that I am going to with him. I'm hoping he refused him to something that will give some help and make the attacks less frequent and severe
time4change89

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Girl? Not again...I'm a guy not a gal. Kim was a boy's name first. 8)

A good night's sleep would have done you the world of good.

Hope the appointment goes well.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby time4change89 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Omg I'm so sorry,
I have had a good day. Most of it I slept but I got the house clean and the Xmas tree placed to where phinn our cat can't attack it lol
time4change89

Return to Introductions