It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi!

Postby Rachelyve » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi, My name is Rachel and a couple of months ago I woke up fat :oops: My weight started going up when my son started school and I was a stay at home mother, now I'm at Uni and the problem seems to have gotten worse.
I've tried exercising but I can't seem to stay with it, so right now I'm kind of, a little bit desperate - blood pressure has gone up too now.
Looking forward to hopefully getting some good hints and tips here.
By the way, is jumping on a trampolene good exercise?
Rachelyve

Re: Hi!

Postby Tea85 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi and welcome :) this is the best place to be for supports hints tips and ideas!!

As for jumping on the trampoline well any moving is good moving and that's where you wanna start why not?!? Besides jumping on the trampoline is harder then it looks!! Lol

Good luck :)
Tegan xx
Tea85

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Hiya Rachel and welcome!

Anything that gets your heart rate up is good. Go jump on the trampoline for a bit and then feel your heartbeat.
Making new habits is not easy but if you want to lose weight then you just have to do it. Get up early and do your exercise and get it out of the way for the day.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am

Welcome Rachel and I hope that you enjoy this place.

"I woke up fat" :lol: I think that is true for all of us here! At least we woke up to ourselves and doing something about it.

Exercise doesn't have to be about frantic explosive movement. Do what you can do without harm. Nothing wrong with starting with a slow walk of no great distance. As you get fit you will be able to do more. Things like blood pressure will quickly improve the more fit you get. No one just goes out and runs a world class marathon on their first shot. When I first started I just walked for about 10 minutes (that was all that I could do). I was looking at that distance on Sunday and find it hard that I could even have called it exercise. It's the sort of distance that I'd do several times a day without even thinking about. It's certainly not counted in my daily exercise minutes.

Start small, learn good habits and learn to be consistant with those things. Weight control is about learning to live a healthy lifestyle. This will take time but has a lifetime of benefit for you.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Rachelyve » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks for such a lovely welcome!
You guys are such an inspiration, I'm happy I found this place :D
Rachelyve

Return to Introductions