It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello I am a new member

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello I am a new member

Postby Skeet76 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 am

Hello I have just recently joined, I have tried numerous weight loss programs which all became to hard and costly. I was so happy when I found this one. My aim in total is to loose 15kg. But my first goal os to loose 5 kilos. I need to start, but i might relax on Christmas day. My first hurdle will be eating a good hearty breakfast. I have printed off the 12 week diet plan and using this as a guide, has anyone else used this? How did everyone find it when they first started?
Skeet76 :)
Skeet76

Re: Hello I am a new member

Postby admin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Welcome to the forum. I have a couple of tips for you.

1. Download one of our free food diaries. It is important to keep track of what you are eating.
2. Set yourself weekly goals, probably 500g per week is achievable, pick a day for a weigh in and you can monitor how you are going. Just remember you will have some good and bad weeks so dont get too emotional over a bad week.
3. Quit any soft drinks completly.......drink water when you are thirsty.
4. Try and reduce your intake of processed foods...the more natural the better so do lots of cooking.
5. Have a good breakfast and include calcium as in yoghirt and protien as in baked beans , egg s or even egg whites. This will keep you full for most of the morning.
6. Eat a wode range of different foods which why cooking is great. Try some of our recipes om the site,...we upload new ones all the time..
7. Dont be afraid to ask others how they obercome any isssue you might be having.
8. Most importantly understand losing weight is a lifetime journey , dont expect any quick fixes and just be proud of your small achievements each day.
Good luck. and look forward to reading your posts on how uou are going.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello I am a new member

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Welcome

Work on achieving a healthy lifestyle and success will be yours. Weigh loss is not about just diet plans, it's about getting healthy choices into your way of life.

Best wishes
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions