It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:38 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, I am new!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I am new!

Postby imjustsue » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 am

Hi everyone,

Just want to introduce myself. My name is Sue (imjustsue) and I live in Qld. I need to lose a large amount of weight and I think this is the place to help me. I have had a good look around and there seems to be a lot of helpful information.

I look forward to getting to know you all. I am sure I will be here a while. :D
imjustsue

Re: Hi, I am new!

Postby Blitz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi Sue, welcome to the forum.

This is a great place to pick up tips, get encouragement and support. If you use this place to the max I guarantee that you won't get the runaround Sue! :lol: (sorry about the pun...I couldn't help myself).

How much weight do you want to shift? Please feel free to ask for any help.
Best Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby imjustsue » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 am

Runaround Sue...... very good Kim.

I have approx 25kg that I want and need to shift.

Congrats on your weight loss, 85kg is amazing. How long did it take you to do that?

Thanks for the welcome.

Sue
imjustsue

Postby Blitz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:25 am

Don't short change me! I lost 87 kilos not 85 kilos. That last 2 kilos took me an extra 39 days to shift off! :shock: :lol:

It took me exactly 60 weeks (1/1/'11 to 24/2/'12) to lose. When I started the first few months I lost about 10 kilos a month but towards the business end it slowed right down. That's when it becames a test of character. :lol:

I don't recommend losing it as fast as I did. When I started I didn't know any better (actually...I didn't know anything - full stop!). Sure and steady is definitely the best way to go. That way you have time to develop a good workable healthy lifestyle that will last forever.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Sue

25 kilos may seem like a lot (and it is!), but it's not hard to lose that amount provided you are persistent with good health choices. Weight-loss requires a person to positively change the way they think and feel about food, and is one of the best things a person can do to improve their life.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions