It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:55 am

Free Newsletter

need motivation

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

need motivation

Postby ~Tasha~ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey everyone Happy new year

My names Tasha and before christmas I had lost 10kg but now feel like I have put it all back on over the holidays (only put on 3kg) so its time to get serious, I joined to get motivation and tips from other like minded peeps

Re: need motivation

Postby admin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Welcome and congrats for only 3 kgs ......easy enough to lose. Good luck and this site has loads of tips and recipes to guide you along in your journey.look forward to your posts and success.. Sharrelle
Site Admin

Postby feebeejay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi Tasha
well done on your weightloss prior to christmas. I too had lost 10kg leading up to christmas - in fact I lost 11kg to christmas day, but then decided to enjoy christmas and put 1.5kg back on, so it's taken me a couple of weeks to get back on the horse so to speak. I've sort of been coordinating it with going back to work, as its easier to keep track once I have my routine back. i'm back to having lost 11kg and ready to continue on my journey, although i might be a bit behind now - I had planned to lose another 10kg by end of march but my app on my ipad is now telling me early april, but there is a little bit of room for movement I think if I really put my mind to it!
i haven't really been doing much purposeful exercise, only the incidental and out of the ordinary stuff (lugging boxes of stuff upstairs and down, walking somewhere when you'd normally drive etc) so I think if I really activated an exercise plan i'd be on track for sure. I saw this new exercise bike in Harvey Normans the other day and it had a great WIDE seat on it, and I thoguht that if I had a seat like that I could ride my exercise bike for hours on end!! so instead of shelling out the $1000 or so for a new bike, I'm going to look for a wide seat for the one I have ... might be a bit cheaper with the same result I hope :)

i'm with you though on the need for motivation and I've been wondering myself about whether i dropped the ball because it was christmas (that was part of it) or whether I dropped the ball because I was feeling pretty chuffed with myself for losing 10kg in the first place (which I've done before). Im pretty certain this time it was about christmas (which is also my birthday too - well the day before anyway) and i didn't go too silly, just know that what I put on i'd have to work as hard to take off again ... turns out stress does interesting things for weightloss, and i've lost 2kg in the past week due to the bush fires (I'm in tassie and we lost our holiday home which was my home of 20 years before I married my husband) so just trying to look at the positive of the bushfires too, and helping me get back on track is one of them ... bit of an extreme way to get there, but get there I have ... :)

I found all these things online (hula hooping for exercise - did you know that?? and pole dancing...??) that are out of the ordinary ways to get fit other than going to the gym, but I haven't really had time to explore them fully as yet - i'll just wait and see how things pan out and maybe I can join a class for one or the other in a few weeks. I guess I don't want to be stuck into the routine of having to do exercise, I want to have fun while im training my body, else i know that I am just going to stop it one day and then that will impact by putting on weight, i guess i don't want to get my body into the habit of needing to bust my boiler to lose weight. I know maybe i'm just lazy and delusional and it probably isn't going to happen any other way, but i figure if I can find things that are fun, then maybe i'll be more inclined to do them and not actually consider them as exercise, but fun activity if that makes sense.

good luck with your motivational journey and hopefully you'll be posting about your next 10kg soon ...
fiona :)
trying to stop the yo-yo!!!

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Tasha and Fiona

Whether its complacency, misplaced pride or slackness the result is still the same - fat! Our bodies think that it's natural cruising weight is something well above what we are now. It is trying to get you back to that weight so we always have to watch ourselves. Weight loss and weight maintenance can't take holidays because our bodies are never on holidays. It is not an easy truth but that is how it is.

The upside is that you guys haven't quit and you are still in the game. It's easier to lose that 1 or 3 kilos than the whole lot again. :shock: :D You will find that once you get back into the routine of losing weight that this bit of weight will move relatively quickly because it isn't "rusted on" to your bodies yet. The downside is as Fiona's app is foreshadowing - it puts you behind your schedule. You basically will be working twice as hard for the same result. This is the thought motivates me...I'm too lazy to work twice as I rather only do it the once!

I broke the pedal (not the strap) of my exercise bike a few months back. I picked up another exercise bike at an garage sale cheap and found that the pedals were interchangable with the other bike even though they were different makes. This could be a cheap way to get a comfortable seat. I use to place towels on the seat to take away the sting until my bottom developed the required callouses!

Sad about your holiday home Fiona. My prayers and good wishes are with you and yours.

Go for it girls...a new year and a new start!
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Postby ~Tasha~ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:35 pm

thanks for a awesome welcome

Fiona i'm terribly sorry to hear about your home, its horrible whats happening in other parts of Australia at the moment.

Once I have set my mind to it I can do ANYTHING I have done it before and I sure as hell will do it again but this time i'm going to get to my goal weight :)

Something I have found very helpful is a app on my iphone 0 to 5km, also being more active at work instead of sitting at my computer for my lunch hour I go for a half hour walk :)

Return to Introductions