It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!

Postby shel_bel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Michelle and I am 26 years old. I have always battled with my weight but at 175 cm, it has always been easy to convince myself (and others!) that I could “hide” my weight well. It got to the point where I would dread putting on certain clothing because I was ashamed of how I looked.

My mum has lost over 30 kg on Jenny Craig program so I thought I would give it a go. I really needed something that taught me about food. In a way, I was trying to be good, I knew what was good for me, but up until I started with JC, I had just been lazy with my choices, timing and serving sizes. Some days I would go without lunch and come home after work really ravenous and eat anything in sight. I’ve now learnt that smaller, healthier, more even-sized portions throughout the day is necessary to maintain blood sugar levels and deter me from breaking open a pack of jersey caramels (my favourite lollies). I have so much more energy eating this way! At the moment I don’t have to think because my days are planned out for me. But I am still learning about portion sizes and balancing food types throughout the day. As I lose weight, the daily kilojoule limit will decrease and at half way (98 kg), I will be allowed to do days and meals on my own with help from my consultant.

I had been going to the gym on average 3-5 times per week for about a year prior to starting JC but only saw small results. I have maintained the gym so that has been one less thing to worry about this time.

My starting weight was 120.9 kg and I am currently 114.8. My goal is to reach 75 kg (a total loss of 45.9 kg) in the coming year so that I can be confident, healthy and looking good for my sister’s wedding. I also want to know what it’s like to feel comfortable in my own skin, to walk into a regular clothing shop and try a regular size on and not worry about “troublesome” areas that I want to hide. I also want to lose weight so that I’m ready to start a family in a few years’ time without worrying about risks to our baby.

So there it is, I have been reading these forums for a few months and thought it was about time that I have a place to share with others and reflect on my own journey.

Thanks for reading! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Michelle-leeC1989 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Welcome and good luck on your journey .

Here is a great place to ask any questions and seek advice and share your journey. Remember your not alone :-)
Michelle-leeC1989

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 am

Welcome Michelle

You have a good workable plan to learn how to develop a healthy lifestyle. The only thing you need to do is stick with it! If you do you will indeed have a better future! :D

During this journey of discovery there will be times when you will feel overwhelmed. When you are, remember that this forum is here for you in dark times like that. We have walked and are walking in your shoes - we understand and can give you helpful insights to help you along your journey.

Use this place for support, sharing and above all to be accountable and it will be a useful tool to achieve your goals. :D

Regards
KIm
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Return to Introductions