It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Free Newsletter

about time

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

about time

Postby pumpkinbut » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi there,
Thought I would drop in and say hi.
I am 31 work full time and a mum to two.
I am 154 cms tall and weigh 98kgs. :shock:
My husband is also on the same journey but he has awesome self control and is losing cms almost daily. :D
I believe that I have an addiction to a particular brand of iced coffee :oops: which I am fighting.
Anyway hope to see on here soon.
From
Pumpkin but
Highest 100kg
Goal 65 kg
Current 97kgs
pumpkinbut

Re: about time

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Welcome and post away,
you can do it,

Good luck and think healthy....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby admin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 am

Welcome to the forum. Use it to check in each week on your progress, set a goal and ask questions. Everyone is or has been on the same journey as you and have great advice.
Good luck and i also love iced coffee but only have 1 per month, small one now.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby stephanieclarejones » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Pumpkin,

I know exactly what you mean about ice coffee, I was having one every morning on my way to work until i started trying to lose weight and I realised that on a 1200-1500 Calorie diet some brands of ice coffee were the same amount of Calories I was having PER MEAL!!

I'm not sure if it will fit into your plan, but I used the Biggest Loser Cafe Latte flavoured meal replacement shakes in the morning to give me that delicious iced coffee taste, but as it was a meal replacement it left me feeling fuller and was convenient as i often skipped breakfast.

Best of luck with your weight loss plan, it must be encouraging to have someone close to you going through the same process. Try not to let their success discourage you, as it happens differently for everyone!
Stephanie

Author of A girl and her self-help books. http://stephanieclarejones.wordpress.com

Current Inspiration: "I may not be there yet, but i'm closer than I was yesterday"
stephanieclarejones

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Welcome to the Forum :D

It is great that you and your husband are doing this together. It makes it so much easier having that support and accountablity close at hand.

Don't get too hung up on his success. Remember that it is not as hard for a male to lose weight as a female. In reality your one kilo loss is more impressive than his two! :lol:

To fight cravings the first step is to make sure that you don't buy what tempts you. If it isn't in the house then it can't "get you". For things that tempt me I say to myself; it is something that I don't eat anymore because I've consumed my lifetime quota already. If it still is playing with my head then I use it as a mini goal reward. If I lose 5kilos (I actually 10 kilos - I had a lot to lose) then I have earnt one.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby pumpkinbut » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!! I feel good and proud when I walk into a shop and don't buy ice coffee. I think if I keep remembering the feeling of being proud of myself I will make it.
Highest 100kg
Goal 65 kg
Current 97kgs
pumpkinbut

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 am

all the best to you, pumpkinbut!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby pumpkinbut » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

I'm not sure if it will fit into your plan, but I used the Biggest Loser Cafe Latte flavoured meal replacement shakes in the morning to give me that delicious iced coffee taste, but as it was a meal replacement it left me feeling fuller and was convenient as i often skipped breakfast.

I am going to try this, thanks for the suggestion :)
Highest 100kg
Goal 65 kg
Current 97kgs
pumpkinbut

Postby duffa » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 pm

:D Hi there pumpkin, just joined this site and i note that y ou sent a message to tinkerbella re: weight watchers pro points etc. (i think, was that you or was it someone else)? Any way i was able to help tinkerbella with where she could get the pro points value for the generic supermarket foods etc and even including fast foods, and take outs etc. Any way hope your doing ok, keep it moovin groovin. ta ta for now from duffa do do doh! x :P :wink: :lol: :D :roll:
duffa

Return to Introductions