It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:32 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Sarah7 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am

Hi my name is Sarah,

im new and thought id introduce myself.
im 23ys old and not long ago (christmas) decided that its not ok for me to weigh 99.8kg and have since begun the journy to a trim, taught, terrific and healthy new me!! :D

i think im starting to bore my friends and family with my weightloss talk so figured id give this ago, it never hurts to have a little extra support and something else to motivate me and keep me honest.

im about 4 weeks into my last of many journeys to try and loose the weight as i have no intention of giving up or ever putting the weight back on and this time I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL! (its hard enough to loose the first time). i did discover that christmas/new years is not the most ideal time to overhaul your eating and exercise habbits so the first couple of weeks were a bit rocky and not so successful but im into it for real now and currently weigh 92.4kg :D

by the time i have finished i will weigh 70kg so only 22.4kg to go :D

SW: 99.8kg
CW: 92.4kg
GW: 70kg

Re: Hey..

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:23 am

Hi Sarah

You're quite right, being overweight is not okay. It's unhealthy, expensive and unnatural.

And don't worry, you won't bore anyone here with weight-loss talk - we're all pretty much immune from that. :-)

You imply that you've lost weight before but put it back on - that happens to a lot of people. I think someone here, Blitz, or perhaps Metalcharm, mentioned not long ago that weight-loss has two separate parts: (1) Losing the weight, and (2) Keeping it off forever. Food for thought, eh?

One way to help motivate yourself, as well as keeping yourself honest, is to join in the Challenges and diary your progress on the Personal Progress board. Just create a new topic with a unique name and reply to it with regular progress updates. Having it there for all to see - your progress as well as intentions and goals will help spur you on your way.

Anyway, don't forget to check out the articles on the main website (they're quite interesting and useful), and the Facebook page. See you around.

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Welcome Sarah

You have got to a good start but remember that it is the finish that counts! Once you have lost the weight the second part of your journey begins...keeping it off for life!

Mindset is the most important part of weight loss. The fact that you are boring your friends and family withthe subject of losing weight suggests to me that your mind is in the right place. :lol: The great thing about this forum is that it is full of like minded fellows!

I started my weight loss journey on New Years Day (2011) so I know about starting out at the hard time of the year. However you quickly learn the lessons you need to learn that way. On my second week of weight loss I went away on holiday...Boy! did I learn about wise choices at restaurants the hard way. :shock:

Wishing you a better future
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Postby AboutTime » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey there Sarah,
Welcome to the forum. You will find this place very encouraging and a place to encourage others also.
I wish you all the best on your new life change...
I hope to see good results as you weigh in .....
Keep in touch...
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos

Return to Introductions