It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am

Free Newsletter

New!! wanting some support lets diet together!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New!! wanting some support lets diet together!!

Postby losingitnow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi im Ally,

Im 17 i used to be quite thin ( for me anyway) at 72kg in 2009 im now 88kg and im 175cm. Ive significantly put on 16kg. This was due to stress and medication. I have actively chosen to lose 10kg and i started a soup diet today. Im doing the 7 day soup diet. For about a month i was eating healthy under1200 cals per day and exercising 30-60 minutes daily.
Im looking for someone that is also dieting and would be interested in supporting each other along this difficult path!

losingitnow

Re: New!! wanting some support lets diet together!!

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:07 pm

I can't think how going on a soup diet is going to help you. This kind of diet is only going to add to your stress and that will undermine your progress. Aim rather for a healthy life style that will last forever rather than a "miracle cure" diet which will only lead to defeat.

Weight loss is a difficult path - but don't make it more difficult for yourself!

I reminded of a party I was at a while back. This young lady suddenly volunteered that she had spent a week "detoxing her body" and she was ready to party. Thinking that she must have been on some escoteric diet or health kick I asked her why? She did double take and then said with a confused look on her face that she didn't know why. You see, it was the trendy thing to do and she hadn't stopped long enough to ask the vital question; is it the smart thing to do?

Regards
Kim :D
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions