It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:41 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie :)

Postby MissK » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new here! A bit about myself and what I hope to achieve...
I'm 22 years old from SA.
I've always struggled with image issues and weight. As a child I was heavily involved in gymnastics, and after making it to state level realised that I was bigger than everyone else, and I thinks thats what spurred my issues.
At around 15, I really struggled and battled with bulimia and bouts of anorexia.

I turned my family and friends against me and was in a pretty bad place, and started with drinking and alcohol.
At around 18, I landed my dream job as a vet nurse which I am still doing today.
Since starting the job, my life sort of levelled out and I begin to realise what I was doing to my body was wrong.
I started eating properly and got to a healthy weight and was happy with my body. I was exercising, but not excessively, just a healthy amount.

Then my back started to give me lots of grief, causing me to not be able to exercise at all. I was bedridden for a few days here and there and even now lots of exercise flares up my back. Anything jolting and jarring is a no no.
Since not exercising, in the last maybe 6 months Ive put on about 8kg, and have become very wobbly and sad.
I'm not going to go back to my bulimic days but seeing my reflection in the mirror now does reduce me to tears, as Im not the person I was.

Im hoping the forum can help me to find new ways to lose the weight that I've put on.
I eat relatively healthy 99% of the time but allow myself the treats once or twice a week.
I don't smoke. I drink socially, mainly a beer or two on the weekends.

Sorry for the intro novel!! xx

Re: Newbie :)

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 am

Hi MissK

Yep, you seem to have the right idea. It's probably just a few small improvements and adjustments you need in order to start seeing changes.

There are plenty of articles on the main website that have hints and tips for behaviour modification, and there is a Personal Progress board in the forum that is used by members to chart their progress. See you around!

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Welcome MissK to the forum!

A healthy lifestyle is definitely the way to go. May I recommend exercising in water to you? Swimming and walking in water was helpful to me when my back was a problem. You may find your back improving when you lose the 8 kilos...I know mine did when I lost the 87 kilos! :shock: :lol:

Wishing you all success for a better future. :D
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Postby MissK » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yes I did hydro therapy when my back was super bad but stopped cuz of work, but I hadn't thought of swimming as pure exercise. That could work! Thankyou!!

Return to Introductions