It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Free Newsletter

A new senior lady

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A new senior lady

Postby maggiemay » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 pm

HI I am new a senior lady loosing wieght, have arthritis use crutches, just 1 to get around have lost 12.5 kilo's would like to do this awesome journey with others.. Maggiemay
maggiemay

Re: A new senior lady

Postby admin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Welcome Maggie May.
12 kilos you should pace yourself, not have too many expectations on losing it all in one go. Sensibly 500g per week should be a target.
At the end of the day it comes down to input vs output.
Wishing you all the best
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Welcome maggiemay to the forum

You will find plenty of support here for journey. What's your starting weight? What's your goal? What's your plan?

The best way to stay the course is develop a healthy lifestyle that you can live with and listen to your body.

Best wishes on your journey to a better future! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby maggiemay » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi, yes I am pacing myself, I am not trying to hurry, am just enjoying my ability of even being able to walk, have been loosing since October last year and am pleased with my progress so far.. thanks Maggiemay
maggiemay

Postby AboutTime » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Hello Maggiemay and welcome to this great forum. Here you will find encouragement and a place to also encourage others on their new lifestyle. I wish you all the best in reaching your goal down the track....

Em
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby maggiemay » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Blitz, Thankyou for your words of encouragement.. you have done so well in your weight loss journey, Congrats..
I started at 117.6 am not at 103.6, I started in October last year... am a vegetarian so eat lots veges, salads, plus eat walnuts, almonds, brazilnuts, tofu, cous cous, my Cardiologist and GP are very happy with my progress, I walk 2kiloms every morning, its painfull though i push on use a crutch for mobility, its funny really as I live near a park I have regulars passing me 3 times to my one, though I am 62 tomorrow my GP has stated that I am a 80 yr old body wize, so mobility is essential.. Am really happy with my progress so far due to the difficulty I have in walking.. :D
you must be so happy with your progress... Maggiemay
maggiemay

Postby Blundys_Gurl » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:32 am

Welcome,
I am new here too. I have 51kg to loose. I look forward to taking this journey with you.
Michelle
- - - - - - - - -
Starting Weight: 121.5kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
Start Date: Sat 9/3/13
Week 1: 16/3 - 119.4kg (loss 2.1kg)
Week 2: 23/3 -
Week 3: 30/3 -
Week 4: 06/4 -
Week 5: 13/4 -
Blundys_Gurl

Postby maggiemay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Welcome nice to hear from you, its really great to hear from new people, as being new myself I find it exciting, one magazine that I have discovered is the healthy food guide as a vegetarian its really neat to discover new recipes, we will all find new ideas that are great for us as individuals and to share with others, I get told many times that I should eat fish or chicken, for good health, though I have regular blood tests to keep an eye on iron and all the other goodies that my body needs, my Doctor is very happy with my choices of alternatives to meat, fish and chicken... I am probably eating better than before I was a vegetarian.. I guess the hardest thing for me is people who mean well, though just have that mind set that if I don't eat meet of any kind that I can't be healthy...
Listen to me rambling on, I am slowly getting used to the sight, its interesting reading about other peoples journeys, most of them I find encouraging.. catch you later maggiemay
maggiemay

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm glad that you've got your doctors looking over your shoulder. It very hard going the vegetarian route. My wife is a near vegetarian...probably would have gone the full boot if there wasn't so much meat in her life thanks to my eating habits. I'm always having to get at her about her protein and iron levels. She will get tired very quickly because of it. If your not eating the meat you have to put in the extra effort to make up for it...specially if you are exercising. I'm sure your doctors will keep you honest. :wink:

It does sound that you are successfully working out that healthy lifestyle and as you get more fit and weigh less I hope that the benefits really kick in for you. One of the biggest surprises for me when I lost the weight was just how much my general health improved. My asthma is nothing to what it once was. I use to say to people that I went from cold to cold with brief healthy periods - now I rarely get a cold and if I do I shake it off very quickly. I'm certainly more fit than I was thirty years ago...maybe after the weight comes off you; you can get back those twenty years (or more)! :D

To your better future!
Kim
Blitz

Postby maggiemay » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi Blitz, its great to get this encouragement, you and your wife really have a healthy understanding of the benefits and struggles.. Being a Vegetarian I get told often that I can't have a healthy diet though I do.. My Doctor is also a vegetarian she keeps a eye on my B12 levels as well as iron etc, B12 as you know yourself can only be obtained from eating meat, other than suppliments.... my levels are good at present..
Felafil is good protein, as is lentils etc... I do have a disability of which hinders to much exercise, though I do walk around the park that is almost out my back door, it takes me just over an hour to walk all round it, though I do it because I know its good for me, there are days that I can't do it at all due to pain, and thats ok because there is always tomorrow....
I was at 117.06 now am down to 103.00, I recently had a birthday and endoulged, though am now back in the saddle..
I have also found The Healthy Food Guide that I get from the library very helpful as its full of great idea's and recipes, I have found so many great tips through reading them, like Omega3 I can get that through eating a few walnuts daily, which I didn't know that before...
well bye for now... maggiemay
maggiemay

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Slow and steady wins the race. Many people come to this forum starting great guns but soon burn out. Too much change too quickly without the right mindset to carry it off. Getting your healthy lifestyle together slowly is the surest way. After all, years of bad habits can't be replaced overnight. So plod on slowly...you are doing well!

It will be very interesting watching you progress. As you get more fit and lighter in weight I believe the quality of your general health should be much improved. It will be just a question of just how much. The optimist in me is hoping for massive change. :D

Remember...pace yourself and succeed!
Kim
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:34 am

Hi Maggie,

I'm new here too. Are you keeping a journal somewhere else on this site. Its too hard to find you if you are so i'm asking so i know where to look to see how you are going and offer some support perhaps.

I've got a few journals going. I keep a weigh in journal, a food diary and a personal progress which will be more general. I just log my exercise in my food journal. I think three journals is probably more than enough.

In the past i just used to put everything in one diary page but here they seem to have a diary for every aspect of one's weight loss journey.

Or are you going to stay at the intro section? lol.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Return to Introductions