It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

New guy

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New guy

Postby Brightside » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello

I'm a 21 year old male I am very over weight and am trying to loose the weight for my daughter :)

I hope this website and people on her help me.

Thank you
Start weight
140kg
Goal
Brightside

Re: New guy

Postby admin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 am

Welcome to the forum.
As long as you put the effort in you will lose the weight. Remember at the end of the day itis input vs out put.
Have you started a plan for what you will eat and what exercise you will start with?
You should write down what you eat every day, if you have to write it down you will feel more accountable for what goes in.
Good luck and check in each week to let us know how you have gone.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey Brightside...welcome!

One of the reasons I lost weight was that I could be around for my daughter's 21st. The way I was going it would have been doubtful if I would be around for her 13th! The more reasons you can find to lose weight the better the chances for success. You can't just do it for your daughter (even if it is a very noble reason) you have to own it and do it for yourself. Your health and enjoyment of life depends on it.

It is great that you have decided to do this now. You are young and have your whole life in front of you. I had to get to over fifty before I woke up to myself! My body was starting to fall apart before I did something about it. My back was gone, asthma was chronic, belly hernia the size of my fist and my ankles were starting to swell. That young body of yours will be stronger and more adaptable than I was! :lol:

Let me challenge you to dream your dream big! I noticed that your goal is 100kg. Unless you are a giant of a man that seems too conservative. I started out at 153.7kg and reached the under 100kg in the middle of the 27th week of my journey...but my goal was always 66.7kg which was just above mid-range for my height. To lose the 87kg took me 60 weeks to achieve. What is harder to do; lose 53.7kg or 87kg? May I suggest the only real difference is time. Don't let a big number scare you...it all gets lost the same way! Believe in yourself and go fo it!

I use to wear XXXL or XXXXL tshirts, now I can fit into S tshirts. My daughter now can wrap her arms right around me to give me a hug...so could yours. :wink:

Best wishes
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Brightside » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:49 pm

admin wrote:Welcome to the forum.
As long as you put the effort in you will lose the weight. Remember at the end of the day itis input vs out put.
Have you started a plan for what you will eat and what exercise you will start with?
You should write down what you eat every day, if you have to write it down you will feel more accountable for what goes in.
Good luck and check in each week to let us know how you have gone.
Sharrelle

Thank you

That sounds like a great idea will start tomorrow :)
Start weight
140kg
Goal
Brightside

Postby Brightside » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Blitz wrote:Hey Brightside...welcome!

Let me challenge you to dream your dream big! I noticed that your goal is 100kg. Unless you are a giant of a man that seems too conservative. I started out at 153.7kg and reached the under 100kg in the middle of the 27th week of my journey...but my goal was always 66.7kg which was just above mid-range for my height. To lose the 87kg took me 60 weeks to achieve. What is harder to do; lose 53.7kg or 87kg? May I suggest the only real difference is time. Don't let a big number scare you...it all gets lost the same way! Believe in yourself and go fo it!

I understand where you are coming from but I have thought about it and I am aiming on building muscle as well. Thank you for your reply
Start weight
140kg
Goal
Brightside

Postby Brightside » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Done a weigh in and am now 137kg :D massive motivation booster.

That's with just less food and healthy food.
Plus no excessive .?
Start weight
140kg
Goal
Brightside

Postby admin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:13 am

Well done.....you will start feeling good on the inside which should motivate you as well.
Have a healthy weekend.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Return to Introductions