It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello!

Postby Timetoshine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm Jen and I'm starting phase 2 of my weight loss journey.

Phase 1 started on 7 November 2011. I weighed 113.5kgs and couldn't bear to look at myself in photos anymore. It sounds little but that really motivated me. I got a trainer who comes twice a week. I did super clean, low card high protein eating. I lost 13kgs in one year. I could have lost much more but my goal is maintainable lifestyle - so free weekends (smart food choices when possible) and moderate alcohol intake.

A few years ago I lost 20kgs. It was awesome and I looked amazing. I thought all was fine until a dear friend sat me down and begged me to start eating again because I was tired, angry and snapping at everyone. As soon as I left my super strict regime behind it was all over. The weight came back. It brought some friends too.

So now I'm 100.2 as of ten minutes ago. Goal for phase 2 is 88kgs. I'm not sure if I'm going to start counting from my "now" weight or from my November 2011 weight.

Other things: I'm tall (almost six foot). I'm 29 years old. I have a desk job. I'm single (well, not married) and childless. My social life is all about my friends. Low-key eating and drinking. Luckily, most of them are pretty health conscious and are super supportive.

The plan:
Personal trainer 2 times per week
Netball 2 times per week
Yoga one a week, progressing to 2 times when my technique improves
Walk. Every. Day.
No calorie counting.
Clean eating 6 days a week.

I'm really excited to have found this forum. Looking forward to keeping you all company on your own weight loss journey.

Jen
Start weight 113.5
Current weight 100.2
Goal weight 88
Timetoshine

Re: Hello!

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:23 am

Welcome to the forum Jen

It sounds like you've got a plan! The key to success is exactly as you put it in your post - maintainable lifestyle. Working out a healthy lifestyle that works for you. That's the theory...the devil is in the details! This forum is a great place to help you work out those details. It is also a good place to get encouragement in the low times as well. :D

Wishing you a great journey to a better future!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions