It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Free Newsletter

New here, not new to trying to lose weight!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here, not new to trying to lose weight!

Postby JJs » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 am

Hi all,

I'm JJ, 28yo living in Adelaide and I have struggled with my weight since I was 15.

Last week my best friend and I pledged to lose 15kgs each this year on sharetheweight.com.au after I saw the add on TV.

I have been using a few recipes from this site (the moussaka its great) for awhile now and looking at the forum here and there so I thought I would join. All up I would like to lose about 35kg and figure I can use all the help I can get.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9mUzeX/]

SW 114.9 kg 19/2/13
1st Mini Goal 110 kg
JJs

Re: New here, not new to trying to lose weight!

Postby admin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 am

Hi JJ
Welcome and congratulations for taking the first step.
Realistically losing 15kgs if you are doing it sensibly should take you to Octish/Novish based on a realistic 500g per week.
Our advise is to do it sensibly as it should be a lifestyle change and not a diet/fad. If it is not done as a lifestyle change you will not stick with it. You need to retrain your brain and habits.
At the end of the day it comes down to input vs output. Less in the mouth and more movement.
You should start feeling better, on the inside and outside. Think of all the new clothes you will need to buy!
Shoot us any questions or thoughts you might have and there are a number of people just doing the same as you who have loads of tips and advice.
Good Luck.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Re: New here, not new to trying to lose weight!

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Welcome JJ

This is a great place to get inspired, encouraged and grab a few tips about successful healthy lifestyle change.

Best wishes for a successful future! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions