It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Free Newsletter

New Teen Male

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New Teen Male

Postby Lachy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm

I've decided to sign up here to motivate myself to lose weight. I've put up with being grossly overweight for many years and am going to do something about it. I've attempted many times to lose weight all of which have failed as a result of lack of motivation and knowledge. I need to lose weight now, I think it would be vastly easier while still in school and having a lot of free-time which may be lost when I leave school and enter the workforce.

Ever since the age of 8 I've been overweight, and at 16 I'm personally fed up with my physical condition, so with a proper balanced diet and exercise I believe I can achieve my goal by the end of the year. Currently I am 112kg and 185cm tall placing me in the 'obese' BMI range, I realise the seriousness of my condition and plan to lose 1kg a week until I reach the 'healthy' BMI range with a goal weight of 80kg. So I have set myself a goal of 1kg/week for 32 weeks. You can track my progress as I make it here. (feel free to comment on it!)

I will achieve this goal through:
1. Regular three meals/day diet with a limited amount of carbohydrates and saturated fats. (Typically I would eat non-stop all day, given the chance).
2. Every morning before school I will do 40 minutes of walking/jogging on treadmill (starting at 6km/h building up to 9km/h) then begin jogging/running on road once I'm fit enough.
3. Continue walking to and from school every day.

I know this will be a difficult, if not the most difficult journey I've ever taken; but with your support and guidance I will be a new man come 2014.
Lachy

Re: New Teen Male

Postby admin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:45 am

Welcome.
Well arent you organised and focused with you spreadsheet. Fantastic. You seem to have it all in hand just as long as you lose it sensibly.
If you have any questions fir away.
Good luck.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Re: New Teen Male

Postby Lachy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 pm

admin wrote:Welcome.
Well arent you organised and focused with you spreadsheet. Fantastic. You seem to have it all in hand just as long as you lose it sensibly.
If you have any questions fir away.
Good luck.
Sharrelle

Thanks for those kind words, Sharrelle, it's nice to meet you. :)
Lachy

Return to Introductions