It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Thank Goodness I Found You

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Thank Goodness I Found You

Postby Pegasus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi There Newbie here,
Thank goodness I found you.
I have been trying to get motivation to lose weight for many months but didn’t have any motivation and thought the only way to lose the weight was to have to pay for a weight loss program.
Fifteen years ago I signed up to Jenny Craig and lost 26kg over a two year period. Got to my goal weight 65kg and was over the moon with the 'new' me.
I was able to keep the weight off up until two years ago when I gave up smoking. Since then I have not been watching what I have been eating and have been avoiding the dreaded scales, thinking to myself that I'll start tomorrow and if I only have ’one’ it will be alright.
My husband surfs the net and knows various forums for car detailing, fishing etc (you’re probably wondering what on earth that’s got to do with weight loss).I thought to myself if he can find what he is looking for in forums well so can I.
So once again Thank Goodness I found you.
Upon finding this site I have been following recipes and diet plans and am really motivated.
Not sure how I do the weigh part and the goal weight thing but that’s why I’m here.
Let my new journey begin…
Start weight: 76.8kg
Current Weight: 74.5kg
Goal Weight: 65.0kg
Pegasus

Re: Thank Goodness I Found You

Postby admin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Welcome and you should be proud of yourself you have taken a hard step to admitting you need to change.

Start with weighing yourself every week, same day, and set yourself up a thread title it and just continue that thread with your weekly weigh ins.

All you need is your

SW= (starting weight)
GW= (goal weight)
CW=(current weight)

You need to keep track of what you are eating so just download if you haven't already done so a sheet for your food diary. If you are accountable for reporting it each day of what goes in you might think twice about it.
Start moving, even if you have trouble you do have to start to move even if is a walk each day. Keep an exercise diary as well also under our weightloss tools section.

At the end of the day there is no magic it is input vs output.

There are a lot of weight loss programs, pills potions and food deliveries out there. Some people need help in starting and if these work in motivating then that is a bonus. However you will only keep it off if it becomes second nature. So cooking good meals, moving, eleminating bad things out of your intake like soft drinks, sugary snacks and drinks, etc less processed foods and more fresh food into your system all helps.

Good luck and look foward to reading your posts. Also ask away any questions.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby FXST01 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Welcome to the forums. :D
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum.

You know what is required - so weigh yourself in and get accountable! :D