It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

Free Newsletter

Hello...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello...

Postby Blundys_Gurl » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:28 am

Hi, My name is Michelle, I am 28 years old and a mum of three gorgeous kiddies. I have battled obesity my whole life.

A little bit about me:
I was born with Hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain) which affects my coordination and my left side of my body and I have a limp which is very noticeable. I have a VP Shunt (the third valve change was in January this year). Throughout my whole schooling life I was bullied for three reasons: been different (I wore splints on my legs too); coming from a single parent family and for been obese. Due to my medical conditions I was often not able to be physical in case I hit my head and I was never fast enough to run. I also never had the balance to ride a bike. This started my addiction to food and mainly chocolate as my self-esteem and confidence became non-existent.

Fast forward to my teens and my mum moved us from Adelaide to Perth a year after I started high school. Already struggling with been obese and self-esteem issues I became depressed. I struggled to make friends and turned even more to my favourite sugary sweets to get through the day.

Fast forward to now – I am a divorced mother of three working full time and still struggling with my weight and my self-esteem. I also gave up smoking 15months ago downfall – I piled on another 24kgs. I have tried numerous diets throughout the years, (Weight Watches, Lite n Easy, Cabbage soup diet, Sure slim to name a few. All may of help if I had the motivation and support to stick at it. I often would lose 1-5kg over a few weeks and then nothing or even a gain and I’d slowly loose motivation.

I am now on day two of Duromine. I know this isn’t a quick fix and I am going to use this time (30 days) to learn how to eat healthy and smaller portions. To make use of the exercise bike that is buried underneath the clothes somewhere. To drink more water and to not give up no matter what! Yesterday, I went on the exercise bike and rode for 30 minutes. I am also counting calories and I am dissapointed that I ate a massive 2367 calories!!!! Today is a new day though.
Sorry for the novel and I look forward to talking to you all.
Michelle
- - - - - - - - -
Starting Weight: 121.5kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
Start Date: Sat 9/3/13
Week 1: 16/3 - 119.4kg (loss 2.1kg)
Week 2: 23/3 -
Week 3: 30/3 -
Week 4: 06/4 -
Week 5: 13/4 -
Blundys_Gurl

Re: Hello...

Postby admin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Welcome.
Well it seems you have had a few battles but you have come through and ready for a more healthy lifestyle.
Thank you for sharing your story and we wish you all the best.
If you need to blurt out any frustrations just blurt away here.
Have a great week and look forward to reading your posts.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Michelle

It's best not to think of your change of eating habit as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. Make eating smaller portions a part of you. Make eating healthy food a part of you. Make the removal of junk food from your life permanent, rather than something done until you reach a certain goal weight.

Simply put, your actions and food choices led you to be fat and unhealthy.

You have to change yourself inside so that a different, better set of actions and choices come naturally to you. The only way to do this is to change your habits and mindset. This is difficult and painful, but becomes easier over time. Like learning to walk and to read. Do it over and over enough and it becomes part of you. Eventually you will become a different person, one that you will like much more than the old. The pain of change will be worth it.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Welcome to the forum. You've done diets and well and truly know that doesn't work. Now is the time for real change - a lifestyle change! A healthy lifestyle change for a better future! Are you ready for it? :D

Remember it took you a lifetime of wrong habits to get yourself to where you are today so be patient as you learn new good habits. This forum is a great place to help you learn and grow. You will find support and encouragement here - so don't be shy...use this place! :lol:

Start were you can and build from there. This weight loss thing is more of a marathon then a sprint (and a good thing too - because we all start off so unfit that a sprint would finish us off! :shock: ). Listen to your body. Push it but never break it. As your fitness and healthiness improves you will surprise yourself what you end up being able to do!

The past is the past...onward to a better future! :D
Kim

ps What part of Perth?...I live in Mirrabooka.
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blundys_Gurl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Just a few suburbs over from you Kim :)
Michelle
- - - - - - - - -
Blundys_Gurl

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Cool. If you want to catch up and chat face to face some time I'm up for it. I may have a few tips that can help you along. Just message me if you're up for it.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blundys_Gurl » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Sure Kim. Sounds like a plan :)
Michelle
- - - - - - - - -
Blundys_Gurl

Postby Liss72 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Michelle,

I have just joined here also am on duromine this is the end of my 3rd week,
and also combine with calorie lifestyle(diet) through calorie king but have been having trouble
eating enough to eat my daily intake, i thought it would do it this way as i know
duromine is only short term but it was recommended by my GP as i am classed as morbid obese didn't realise i had got to that stage :( I am 5ft 2, was 105Kg (now 98kg) so knew things had to change and putting things in place so my lifestyle changes which it has greatly in the last 3 weeks i am also being monitored by my GP who has also put me on a care plan I'll be seeing a dietitian this week and a session of physio.

Alicia
Liss72

Postby admin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Welcome Alicia.
At least you have started your journey which is the hard part in admitting in our lives that we need help.
Well you should take a look around on this site. We have many articles and recipes for you to read up on and look forward to reading your posts.
Good luck.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Liss72 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Sharrelle,

Thank you :) I will do a proper Introduction and look around :)
Liss72

Return to Introductions