It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi

Postby Elhaitch » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi
Just a quick intro on me!
My name's Lee, I currently weighing in at 116.9kgs :oops: I've tried everything to lose weight, currently doing celebrity slim very poorly, I need to get something kicked in my head to get it into gear!! I want to do it, but something keeps sabotaging myself, weekends are my downfall with lack of water and just being lazy about it.
Look forward to reading your stories and getting advice and sharing what advice I can give, I'm good at advice but can't follow it myself!!

Thanks
Elhaitch

Re: Hi

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Welcome Lee

The battle is definitely won or lost in the head. One of the things that you might helpful is make up a list of ALL the reasons why you want to lose weight (they can be very big or very small...that doesn't matter) and after you have done that list then list ALL the reasons for not losing the weight. There are some...there must be a pay off for being overweight or you wouldn't be. Once you have done that, think deeply about each list's items one at a time. When you have convinced yourself that the reasons for losing weight are so compelling that you have no other option than to lose weight then I'm sure you will follow through to the end. Weight loss is about changing your lifestyle. Permanent change will only occur when someone is 100% sold on the idea that change MUST happen.

Lee this is a great place to be accountable, find inspiration, help and support. Use this place and it will help you achieve a better future. :D

If you want inspiration check out my photos in the Before and After section. If I can do it - you certainly can! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Elhaitch » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome Kim, just checked out your photos, AMAZING!!
Elhaitch

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:40 pm

This can be YOU...dare to change!

Wishing you all success. :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:43 am

Hi el (what's your name? Mine is Andrea)

Lots of people say they've tried everything. This always intrigues me. I wonder what it is they've done.

The thing is you have to learn from what you did before. I am always finetuning my diets, every time i start a new weightloss effort i refine it from the previous time. My approach works but then i get an emotional setback and i end up back where i started eventually. My weight has cycled radically throughout my life but mostly i'm up rather than down.

So now i'm trying something different to see if this will work. But i'm only incorporating it into what i usually do. That is to lose the weight slowly. An article i read in the australian last year (which i would recommend to everyone) said that when we get down to 10% less than our weight our body kicks in and makes us hungry and we end up back to where we started. I have seen this of course quite a few times over the years.

So this time i'm watching for the time when my weight loss gets to about that critical point and then i'm going to try to stop it there for a while to get the body used to that weight before continuing down further. This is the plan anyway. It will be hard for me to manage it because in a couple of months i'm going travelling and won't be able to get on teh scales all the time but I will try to make sure i 'm not losing it too fast once i start to get down to a lower weight.

Other than that its important to keep your mood in a good place. Motivation goes with mood i find.

Also if you are lazy on your weekends, and sabotage yourself, maybe do your weekends differently. Do you mean you don't want to exercise? Well don't do it perhaps you need to avoid the food traps whatever they are. If you are working all week, its quite natural that you will be tired and need rest on the weekend. Don't beat yourself about it. That's my take anyway. Its what i found when i was working five days a week. Its such an exhausting way to live.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby Elhaitch » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi Andrea, my names Lee. The things I've tried, low carb, cal counting, ww, 12wbt, shakes several of them, portion control that all I can think off!!
Yeah I'm lazy on weekends because I'm tired, working full time, being a mum and running a house are tiring, but I question myself and ask if these are just excuses! Or yes perhaps I beat myself up about it all and just expect too much
That article sounds very true, would be interesting to read it
Elhaitch

Postby fortyfour » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi lee

Well see you need some rest. you are working yourself hard. Go easy on yourself with regard to exercise. You probabyl need sleep more than anything and some fun time and relaxation. Do things that nourish you, not things that exhaust you further.

About the diets. Some years ago i tried the CSIRO diet. I learnt a lot from it. I always had a pretty fair idea what a balanced diet was but this sent me researching further into nutrition. And learning more technical stuff about weightloss.

I couldn't follow the Csiro exactly because i don't eat red meat or chicken, only fish if i eat it at all. But anyway i learnt a lot from the book. and still recommend that approach. its higher in protein but its not really high.

So now i've incorporated all the nutritional info nad technical stuff and just observe my own processes and try to understand what's going on. I guess i have a fairly good bullshit detector when it comes to diets and things of this kind.

if you've done calorie counting, you should have a good understanding now of the calorie value of foods. With that and understanding nutrition, that's all you need to organise your meals in a balanced way really. You shouldn't need to count calories all the time. Its too time consuming. Once you understand which are high cal and which are low cal foods and how to include high cal foods appropriately into your daily menus, then you should be fine.

if you life is very active , then you will need to eat more than if you sit around doing nothing as i do. Since you go to work you need to meals that will sustain you through the day. You don't need many little meals. you just need good food that can get you through. When we are overweight we don't need to calorie restrict that much. In fact we should avoid getting hungry.

If i could refer back to the other posts i could probably fine tune this post better but its too damned fiddly. If you know all this stuff already, sorry and you can ignore it.

I hope you do better this time. I hope I do too. I mean i hope i can keep it off this time.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby Sharon111 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 am

Hi - I am trying eating Lite n Easy dinners and Aldi frozen meals for lunch. It is my first week so I have no idea how successful I'll be but I am pretty determined to lose 35 gks and drop down to 80 kgs by xmas... good luck with your dieting.
44 yo - 115kgs - Bust 44", Waist 43", Hip 55"...
Goal 80 kgs by Xmas.
Height - 168cm
Starting weight - 24 March 2013 - 115.5kg
Latest weight - 31 March 2013 - ???

Target -
End of April - 111kg
End of May - 107kg
End of June - 103kg
End of July - 99kg
End of August - 95kg
End of September - 91kg
End of October - 86kg