It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:19 am

Free Newsletter

Hi im new to this and looking for support

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi im new to this and looking for support

Postby pinksungirl » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

Hi,
So i have finally decided that after being uncomfortable and overweight for a while its time to get serious again with my weightloss, as like many of you i have lost and gained weight, i lost 20kgs a about a year and a half ago to fit into my wedding dress, then my fiance and i spilt up and three weeks later he passed away, a few months later my mum was really sick and passed away on my best friends birthday in June last year. i am an emtional eater and just didnt care, my mum and i were really close and i miss her her so much, that i got into the thinking that i just didnt care what i looked like (clearly i was fooling myself) so now i have downloaded the app my fitness pal on my phone and it has been great, i record everything i eat and drink, believe me it certainly does keep you honest, i have started up a fitness regime in which i get up at 5.20 in the morning to do a work out before work, Jillian Micheal's ripped in 30 is what im doing plus wii boxing and tennis. This is my second week of being serious with this.
29/4/2013 SW 115kgs So hate to record this number but i have to be honest
6/5/2013 CW 110Kgs
i was pretty impressed with the 5kg weightloss however i know this will not continue at that rate
GW 70kg
Jut looking for support from others that have done it as i know i can achieve anything and i have my mum watching over me
Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you

Take care
Pinksungirl xx
pinksungirl

Re: Hi im new to this and looking for support

Postby FXST01 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Well Pinksungirl, let me the first to welcome you aboard.
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby pinksungirl » Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 am

Thank you
pinksungirl

Postby Blitz » Thu May 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...no regrets just embrace that better future. :D

You have made a good start. The best I managed to do in a week was a 3.4kg and it wasn't from lack of trying! So you are off to a flying start...but be careful that you don't burn yourself out. Remember weight loss really is a marathon not a sprint.

This place can be a great help to you especially when things get tough. So use it to the max!

Wishing you a better future
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby pinksungirl » Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks Kim,
i have been working really hard and really enjoying it, i have downloaded my fitness pal on my iphone and this is great, i put in what i eat and the exercise. Im really determained to work at this and get to my goal weight, as i see it so many other people have done it why cant i.
thanks for your support

pinksungirl
pinksungirl

Postby Blitz » Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm

That's the kind of thinking you'll need. Those who think they can - can! :D

I found stories of other people's success inspired me to continue especially in the tough times towards the end. That is why I posted my before and after pictures on this forum. To help inspire - just as I was inspired by others. The battle is in the head and the more we fill it with 'success belief' the better it goes for us.

I kept a food diary once...lasted for two days! I hope it works better for you. :lol: I used one of those old fashioned apps to keep track of my daily weight...its called a notebook. :shock: Occassionally I'd scribble aquick note about what new exercise I was doing or if I was sick etc. We all have our own ways of doing it - so long as we OWN our way...then it will work for us.

Have an interesting journey
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions