It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:48 am

Free Newsletter

Hello. Its nice to meet you all :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello. Its nice to meet you all :)

Postby Miss D » Mon May 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello my name is Deanna. I am a 24 (25 in august) mother of 3 children (7.5, 5.5 and 2.5). I weigh 114 kg :(. Since the birth of my son I have been trying very hard to lose weight but unfortunately there has been little success. In January this year I started trying even harder to lose the weight. (In January I weighed 119.8 kg.) I have been on the depo injection for birth control since the day after my son was born. It made losing weight hard and I seemed to put it on more then I would normally. On April the 4th 2013 I had my tubes tied. (yay no more depo). In march i went and saw my gp and asked for help to lose weight as i don't eat much and very active at home and while working (im a waitress) but yet the weightloss wasn't really happening. He did blood work and tested for heaps and checked a lot of different levels for different things all came back good. I was more asking for a dietician referral instead he sad that after I had my op he ill talk to me about weightloss medication. Well last week on the 23rd may 2013 i went back an saw him and he weighed me and my weight hadn't budge sine last time he saw me. He decided it was time to try me on duromine 40mg. Today is my 4th day on it. and so far i cant eat more then a mouthful or two before i feel sick. I wasn't a big eater before anyway so it doesn't really bother me. I am hoping to get close to the weigh i was before i had children which was 70 kg, have a long way to go before i ever get that small again. But i am hoping that this course of duromine will be the kick-start my body needs. i have tried shakes, herbal pills, heaps of exercise along with portion control and healthy eating but nothing seems to help me lose this weight. I look forward to sharing my weight loss journey with you all.
starting weight 119.8 kgs

current weight 113kgs

goal weight 70-75kgs
Miss D

Re: Hello. Its nice to meet you all :)

Postby admin » Tue May 28, 2013 8:07 am

Welcome Deanna. I hope you can eventually kick the duromine after you start losing weight as it really is not the long term solution but I think you know this. I know that you need a kick start as not losing the weight is quite depressing so good luck for the next couple of weeks. Your body needs food......
Your 3 children must keep you very busy, so you must have loads of movement there which is great! Look forward to your posts over the next couple of weeks to see how the medication is going so please share your experience with others.
All the best
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Miss D » Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 am

I know it is only a short term solution and sure is no magic cure for weight issue but as a kick start it kinda works but it does take a alot off effort to not gain the weight back on after. After posting my intro last night I actually at a bowl of garden salad and didnt feel sick. So I'm thinking it may have just been a slight side effect wich has now gone :) this is day 5 on duromine and so far I have lost 2 kgs. I can't weight to share all my progress and my experience with others :) after re reading my post last night it made me think about not eating and the effects it can have so I am now going to eat wether I'm hungry or not. And yes my children sure do keep me on my feet lol

current weight 113kgs

goal weight 70-75kgs
Miss D

Postby Blitz » Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey Deanna - welcome to the Forum. :D

This place is useful to get the most important element in weight loss in place - the right mindset. Weight loss is above all a mind game. You get that right and exercise and healthy eating will follow. I see that you have quickly jumped in and become active here - great!...keep it up! :D

Sharrelle is right. The duromine isn't permanent. The quicker you develop a balanced healthy lifestyle that works for you the better off you will be.

My first thoughts after reading what you have posted about yourself is perhaps your problem is in the food area. Your doctor has checked you out and given you the OK. Your exercise seems more than adequate for the weight you are carrying (btw...good work!). So that only leaves the food area. This is often the place where things slide unnoticed. A few things could be happening (or they could be happening in combination). Maybe your potion sizes are bigger than they should be. Are you snacking more than you realise? Could you be eating some foods that look healthy but actually packing a calorie punch above their weight? What are you drinking? Alcohol, juices and fizzy drinks can be loaded with hidden calories. I suggest that you keep a food diary and track these things. The fact that you have finally started to lose weight may be not so much due to the drug but due to you being more conscious in your efforts to lose weight. Your diary may not show up anything now because you have changed your eating habits but a diary will track slippage into bad practice which will help you stomp it out before it railroads you.

I hope that you will have great success on this journey to a better future!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Miss D » Tue May 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Hey there blitz. Thanks for the tips :)

I have kept a food journal since January. My portion sizes have been smaller then my toddlers portions since January. I drink alot of water. I used to drink a bit of alcohol but I have fully cut that out of my life. Most of my weight gain has come since using the implanon and depo shot.(not that I am using that as an excuse) its also has alot to do with just not looking after myself as well as I should have and due to that I haven't been able to shift the weight I drop about 5 kilos and then nothing budges. My gp has sent a refurrel to a dietician to work out a more suitable lifestyle meal plan to help me so I am currently awaiting an appointment with the dietician. I have also started making alot of things from scratch instead of buying things of the shelf. This way I can see what goes in and it has also made me realise how much crap is actually in alot of products. It makes you think twice about what you eat. I do admit my portion sizes used to be ALOT bigger. These days even before the duromine I don't think I could even eat as much as I used to. Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome on this site. I look forward to learning new ways to help lose the weight.

current weight 113kgs

goal weight 70-75kgs
Miss D

Postby Blitz » Tue May 28, 2013 4:09 pm

I think all of here used to have portion sizes ALOT bigger...that's how we got into this mess in the first place! :lol:

You will find the more "natural" your food is the healthy it will tend to be (and cheaper too). It will be interesting what changes your dietician will recommmend. I always wanted to go see one...but I never made it there. Still what I came up with worked for me. Most of it is common sense in the end really.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions