It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:38 am

Free Newsletter

Hello from a newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from a newbie

Postby LittlePatch » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi,

I look back 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6 years and I was fit, athletic and healthy. I look back 5 years and I have health issues - always getting sick but still reasonably fit and athletic. I look back 4 years and I started putting on weight and exercise levels are decreasing. I look back 3 years and I am overweight, unhealthy and not exercising much. I look back 2.5/2 years and I am overweight, unfit, unhealthy and sedentary.

Today I weigh in at 104kg and am my own worse enemy. I hate my body!

6 months ago my partner of 8.5 years left Me and it has rocked me to the core. I now need to lose weight and regain my fitness so I can a) feel good about myself b) not be embarrassed with my body c) buy sexy clothes d) find myself a new love e) get ready to have children.

I am here for support, help, encouragement, advice - whatever you can offer me.

Cheers,

LP
LittlePatch

Re: Hello from a newbie

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:25 pm

I am here for support, help, encouragement, advice - whatever you can offer me.

We can offer you all the above and more! Welcome to the Forum. :D

Believe me LP, it may seem dark now but there is a better future waiting for you!...and you have already started your journey to it! 8)

Here are some positives for you. You have accurately assessed you OLD life and ready for change. You understand that being healthy is important. You are free from the distraction of a toxic relationship and with that freedom comes time to build a better you. :D

The past is the past. No regrets - just learn from it and start to walk your new life today...to a better future tomorrow!

Believe!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Welcome LP.
Well congrats for pulling yourslf out of the doledrums when someone leaves.....its hard but onwards and upwards i say. Put yourself first with your health and everything else will fall in place. Its hard work but really what isn't. It will get easier so take this opportunity and run with it.
Look forward to your progress.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Wobbles34 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi LP

I'm a newbie too, and at the starting line. It seems like such a long journey ahead hey??? But... at least we have started, so now tomorrow will seem on step closer than we were today. xx
good luck
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby LittlePatch » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for the feedback and responses all. I really appreciate it. :D
SW - 104kgs - 1 June 2013
GW- 70kgs
GD- 19 October 2013 (my best friends wedding day)

I can do it. I want to do it. I will do it.
LittlePatch

Postby Wobbles34 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:01 am

Hi LittlePatch

I'm so sorry about your ex... what a horrible thing to experience. On the other hand, what an amazing incentive....... get yourself looking the best you ever have in how many years, new haircut, colour, wardrobe... (like one of those movies), and find an even better model of your ex...

The moment will come when one day your ex will see what he walked out on, and how good he actually had it... Pity ... you will be so far out of his reach..

Good luck hun... keep going. It may seem a very very .. verrrrrrrrrrry.. long journey.. BUT.. you have started it.. which means you were closer to your goal than you were before you started it.

xWobbles
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby LittlePatch » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks Wobbles. I have spent the most amazing weekend with my mum hanging out and having drinks around the fire. Although the drinks haven't been the best thing for my health - the laughter has. Onwards and upwards. x
SW - 104kgs - 1 June 2013
GW- 70kgs
GD- 19 October 2013 (my best friends wedding day)

I can do it. I want to do it. I will do it.
LittlePatch

Postby Wobbles34 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:10 pm

LittlePatch wrote:Thanks Wobbles. I have spent the most amazing weekend with my mum hanging out and having drinks around the fire. Although the drinks haven't been the best thing for my health - the laughter has. Onwards and upwards. x

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... so jealous. I miss doing that with my mum (she is in the UK) and we use to go theirs and sit round the fire etc.. xx
But they say Laughter and a good sleep, solves all problems. x
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby pinksungirl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:57 am

Welcome LP
it is always hard to admit to ourselves that we have a weight problem, but good for you , you have takent he first step, i am also new to this site and have had great support, we can all do the journey together,

Good luck

Pinksungirl xx
pinksungirl

Return to Introductions