It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

FIFO Wife and Mother of 2

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

FIFO Wife and Mother of 2

Postby Wobbles34 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Hiya

I'm wobbles34 and living in Perth. Wife to a FIFO hubby (4/1's) and mum to two little rascals, 6 and 4.

I've been down the 'monday diet day' so many times, its almost a standing joke in our family. BUT... I'm starting to not find it that funny and I just don't understand WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT in losing weight. Why can't I just stick to it....

ANYWAY....

We have recently moved to Perth from the UK... and my parents are coming over in Xmas, and I want to look good. I want to be in the pictures, be in the pool... and enjoy every minute with them when they are here, as its been so hard not having them around, and I dare not think about how long it will be before we see them again.

I am in NO PICTURES. Even more strange.... I'm a photographer. If I died tomorrow, I don't think my children would be able to find any pictures of me, well not in the past 6/7 years at least.
I was always a size 10/12 , until partying, giving up smoking and then finally marriage and two pregnancies rather close together, and now I'm a size 20/22. My highest being a size 24.

I think I've gotten use to being cuddly mommy, cooking, baking... and if I'm honest drinking far to much ....

So... Now that we have moved here, where the weather is hot hot hot, and my husband has started FIFO work, where he is away for 4weeks at a time... I really have no excuse. I live right next to the beach, and we have a puppy... (or should I say sack of potatos).

My number one diet has always been atkins, which I find works for me... until I stop... sometimes that can be after 3 days, or 3months. and then I go back to pigging out.

I'm now trying low calorie (trying to stick to 1200 and then any more calories I want, I have to exercise for them), this worked wonderfully for me 4 years ago... before the second baby. So... I've started this week (because its winter, absolutely freezing and I have the flu), with a massive pot of soup.. and going to kickstart my diet with soup... lots of veg/low fat soup.

PS - I have taken pics of myself this morning.. DISGUSTED COMES TO MIND... and I will post them in the before and after, but only after a month or two... ITS JUST TO DEPRESSING

I hope there is someone out there that might want to buddy up, who might be the same weight, or life-style...

Anyway... fab meeting everyone and reading everyones posts.
xx

Wobbles34
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Re: FIFO Wife and Mother of 2

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 am

Welcome Wobbles...may your name become increasing inaccurate as you journey to that better future!

Throw away the idea of being on a diet! The word diets suggests that there is a beginnning, a middle and an end. The truth is that successful weight loss is about lifestyle change. Developing a healthy lifestyle that you can live with forever. That is what "normal" people do...we have to find that lifestyle. Diets are about rules and restrictions imposed upon our life. They will work for a while but in the end they will fail because we hae not taken ownership of our lifestyle. Diets are the cookie cutter approach to the weight loss problem - one size fits all. Unfortunately we are all individuals and require individual solutions...that's why diets can never succeed long term. You are a beautiful individual - surely you deserve an individual solution to your problem! :D

In this Forum you will find support and practical help in working out that healthy lifestyle. :D
Looking forward to your photo - it is great to be accountable!
Wishing you all success on your journey!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Wobbles34 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:48 pm

HI Kim

Thank you so much for the welcome, and what a refreshing way or approach to think about it. It makes sense really.... so I have thrown the diet word out the window..... :D It actually (I know it sounds strange) but it feels rather good.. rather 'new'..

Well.. I'm feeling positive on my new lifestyle choices, and have begun by clearing out all the stodge, sugar and crap in the kitchen, and stocked it with more fruit, veg and lean meats.

Let the journey begin..... xxxx Wobbles
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Diets can be real mind traps. The key to developing a healthy lifestyle is to continuely ask the question, How can I make this work for me?

My niece's husband does FIFO and she is trying to lose weight too (and doing well by all accounts). Just like the FIFO lifestyle requires management to keep it all together so does the weight loss lifestyle. It's just a case of transferring skills. 8)

Go for it!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby pinksungirl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:29 am

Welcome Wobbles

I am also quite new to this site but have have the support for the other members great, my starting weight was 115kg i hate saying that as i never thought i was that big but deniel is a wonderful thing. so reality set in and i knew i needed to do something. so i got the app my fitness pal on my phone and it has been great i can scan things at the supermarket before i buy them to see how many calories are in them, so far i have lost 10 kgs, still have a long way to go but i know i will do it this time, i dont go to the gym but do it all from home, Jillian Micheals and the biggest loser dvds have been great, also Tae Bo which is a killer but great for sweating and get those bodies moving. i havent gone over my 1200 cal per day limit, i was a chocoholic but havent had even one piece in the last 5 weeks, even i amaze myself at that,
Anyway good luck with your journey and look forward to hearing your weight losss sucsess.

Cheers

Pinksungirl
pinksungirl

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 am

pinksungirl wrote:Welcome Wobbles

I am also quite new to this site but have have the support for the other members great, my starting weight was 115kg i hate saying that as i never thought i was that big but deniel is a wonderful thing. so reality set in and i knew i needed to do something. so i got the app my fitness pal on my phone and it has been great i can scan things at the supermarket before i buy them to see how many calories are in them, so far i have lost 10 kgs, still have a long way to go but i know i will do it this time, i dont go to the gym but do it all from home, Jillian Micheals and the biggest loser dvds have been great, also Tae Bo which is a killer but great for sweating and get those bodies moving. i havent gone over my 1200 cal per day limit, i was a chocoholic but havent had even one piece in the last 5 weeks, even i amaze myself at that,
Anyway good luck with your journey and look forward to hearing your weight losss sucsess.

Cheers

Pinksungirl

Hey hun

Lovely to hear from you.. Your post is so similar to my situation. I also use Fitness Pal on my phone, and my cals are set at 1200 (although if I exercise I can earn more cals if I want a treat)... I have zumba dvds (yet to begin them) and I have my cross trainer in the lounge, which I will be using today (as finally my flu has packed its bag and buggered off), so I'm hoping to set in a routine with them. WELL DONE on your 10kgs weight loss THATS BRILLIANT.. and I bet you are really feeling it. My first target is just getting to 99kgs. I'm sick of this 100 business... and I just don't know why I keep tripping myself up. I get close and then just give up. BUT NOT THIS TIME. I've joined the board, logging my meals.. and its my LIFESTYLE now :wink:

I would love for you to stay in touch, or I will look up your posts. GOOD LUCK... lets get there. xxxx wobbles
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby pinksungirl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Sounds like you are in the right mind set now GO YOU!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT...we both can, i would def love to keep in touch and before you know it we will be both under the 100kg

Take Care
pinksungirl

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

pinksungirl wrote:Sounds like you are in the right mind set now GO YOU!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT...we both can, i would def love to keep in touch and before you know it we will be both under the 100kg

Take Care

See you in the UNDER 100 CLUB. LOL :lol:
XXX
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby pinksungirl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:12 am

FANTASTIC EFFORT Well done.....
keep up the good work

pinksungirl xx
pinksungirl

Return to Introductions