It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

Wendy -another newby

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Wendy -another newby

Postby wendythewinner » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi my name is Wendy, I'm here to make some positive changes to my life. I look forward to reading about some of your journeys and how you overcame challenges and maybe learn something's that will be helpful to me.
wendythewinner

Re: Wendy -another newby

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Welcome Wendy!

You will find the advice and support here very useful - even if it's to keep you accountable or learn something new, there is something here for everyone!

Good luck with your journey and I look forward to hearing about your progress! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:01 pm

hello Wendy and welcome!

Tell us your goals and what ways you plan to tackle this "weighty" problem.

We are or have walked (and waddled!) in your shoes and know what this journey is about. We are all here to support each other and help one another on this journey to success. Use this Forum to the hilt and it will be a great aid.

Wishing you a better future! :D
Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby wendythewinner » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 am

Hi everyone and thank you for your kind words of support. my internet has been out for a few day and i have just written three times and every time i go to post it crashes si ill just keep it short and see if it works this time, thanks

Wendy
wendythewinner

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Sometimes if you take a long time writing your post the system will log you out and you'll lose what you have written. What I do when I'm writing a long post is to highlight my text; right click copy it and then send it. If it fails to send then I can log back in and paste a new post in a second and it will go through with no hassle then. :D

Looking forward to hear your story Wendy!
Kim
Blitz

Postby wendythewinner » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks for that. I will say a little about myself when I feel more positve (not much good to say at the moment, ha) I am typing on a different program and will try copying it onto the message box and see if it works better so it doesn't time out and I lose it.  I have noticed lots of people say they have lost weight using different techniques. Is there a best method that everyone agrees works best if that makes sense. thanks

Wendy
wendythewinner

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Every responsible authority agrees with the basic premise that calorie intake has to be controlled to a little below "normal" intake (that number is based on your height, male or female and age) and an exercise program undertaken to remove the storages of fat on an overweight person. Any program that does that responsibly will do that for you.

Where it all falls down is in two areas. Firstly, The person who is losing weight hasn't got the right head space. They want to change their weight without changing their lifestyle. Most programs deal with food and/or exercise but have nothing to deal with the biggest problem in weight loss - the space between the two ear holes! The second problem is that most programs impose a foreign lifestyle onto your life. So it is an ill fit and therefore doesn't last. Any change in your life must be OWNED by you. It has to work in YOUR life. The weight loss industry is about providing a cookie cutter approach (it's easier to market and package) but people need and deserve an individual solution - because that is the only way weight loss will became a permanent healthy lifestyle solution.

Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:12 pm

All in your own time wendy....share when you feel a little better, we look forward to it.
In my humble opinion, there really is no magic solution and at the end of the day it comes down to input vs output. However some do like to kick start their plan with a program that will help them. We are all different, we are motivated by different things. Read these articles from our site, it might help you with a plan.

Top 10 Tips for Starting a Weight Loss Plan
Beginning to Exercise - A Ten Point Plan
Top 10 Exercise Mistakes
Fifty Ways to Improve Your Weight Loss Attitude

Start cooking properly. All our recipes on the site have nutritionals, are healthy and delicious. You don't need loads of fat to make food taste great. Learn different flavours from other great cultures who don't have the issues we have.

At least you are starting, good on you, don't put too much pressure on yourself if you don't feel good but once you start with little steps you will see the sunshine. Blitz has a great suggestion for exercise and how he started over 1 year ago. He started his plan with walking each day. A little further past another post each day and built it up that way. When that got easy he shuffled from one pole to the next, then walked then shuffled. I am probably not giving him justice in second hand info but I thought it was great.

Good luck.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:59 pm

I started my exercise with a nightly walk lasting a massive 10 minutes (that was all I could manage)! I would do that small circuit until I was comfortable with it...then I would increase the distance (and time). When I got to four circuits I figured it was about equivalent to walking to the set of lights up the street and back. That became my new circuit. I did that again and again until I was walking an hour circuit. This hour circuit became my standard for a long time. Each time I would try to walk it faster. Eventually I would start to jog bits of it. I started by jogging at the half way point the length between two lamp posts. Then walk until I was ready to try again. After a while I was able to manage more frequent jogs. At first jogging one length of posts, then walk three. After that jog one, walk two; then jog one walk one; finally switching over to two jogs and one walk etc. You get the idea. Soon I felt good enough to jog all the way from the half way point (that was a great night). I then worked at doing the first half of the circuit and in no time I was jogging the lot. When that became comfortable I increased the circuit (jogging all the way now) and increasing it again and again until my standard jog was double the distance and taking me about an hour to do the whole lot.

Kim
Blitz

Return to Introductions