It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi from MJ

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from MJ

Postby MJ1818 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:45 pm

:) Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well in their journeys, I look forward to meeting you all and learning new things that will hopefully help me in my journey, thanks for your time, talk soon, MJ xxx :)
MJ1818

Re: Hi from MJ

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Welcome to the Forum MJ :D

Tell us about your weight loss goals and your plan of action to get them.

This place is a great resource for your journey...but only if you use it!

Wishing you a better future on your journey.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:47 am

Hi MJ, Welcome and look forward to reading your posts.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Happy to be here

Postby MJ1818 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Kim and Sharrelle,

Thank you for your kind words and your results Kim are "Amazing!" :) My goal is to lose another 53kgs, I've been on my journey for 3 years now, in that time I've lost 21kgs, my current weight is 126kg and my goal weight is 73kg...WOW I've never shared those numbers with anyone before :shock:

I have to reassess my plan of action, as kids have just gone back to school, I'm trying to get out of holiday mode...but I was exercising at 6:30am for 60 minutes then have a protein rich breakfast, I try to eat high protein snacks in between meals and try not to eat after 7pm, if I am hungry after 7pm I see if water takes away the hunger, if not I eat some tuna :) I eat a lot of veges with dinner, sometimes with lunch...my problem I think is I don't eat enough, eating this much makes me feel sick, I use to eat at about 10am and nothing till dinner time, but I know I have to give my body fuel to burn, I drink plenty of water, can you drink too much water??? When I have my plan of action written down, I will share and I look forward to catching up with you and sharing my journey, thanks again, hope your having a great day! MJ xx
MJ1818

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks for sharing. :D It's a good feeling to get out of that secrecy mode of think isn't it? Right through my weight loss journey I made it a rule for myself to always be open about my weight numbers. If anyone asked how much I had lost I straight away told them my current daily weigh in for that morning, how much I had lost and how much i still had to go. No secrets!...secrets make you a captive to your weight.

A good protein breakfast provides an excellent start for the day but make sure you don't have too much for the rest of the day...they do pack a good punch calories vs size wise. Try fruits such as apples for snacks, you might find them more helpful. If you don't feel that you ain't eating enough it will pay you to lower you protein intake and up you vegetable intake. Your body is probably craving more volume, vegetables and fruit will do that for you.

Don't worry about your hunger too much after 7pm. That isn't starvation setting in but old habit craving. If I went to bed hungry I knew I was going to have a good weigh in the next morning. Trust me...you won't starve to death! :lol: You just have to get use to the idea that feeling hungry is the backdrop of losing weight. Your body is fighting you to keep it's old lifestyle together. Hunger is it's most effective dirty trick - but it isn't real hunger...it only feels that way! Effective weight loss is about consuming just under "normal" consumption and exercising the fat reserves away. A simple theory but tough in practice! :shock:

I add a little bit of orange or lemon juice to my water to help me drink what I should. I mix it as a weak cordial.

I'm looking forward to seeing your plan of action and seeing how you make it into an effective healthy lifestyle that lasts forever. :D
That 60 minutes in the morning is a real good start! :D 8)
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions