It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Starting Lite n' Easy!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Starting Lite n' Easy!!

Postby oakdale79 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:13 pm

After reading pages and pages of reviews AND trying some of the meals Im embarking on the Lite n' Easy journey :D

I get my first delivery this Tuesday so cannot wait to get started!!

I have been on and off diets since I can remember and this not being any different except I'm feeling really motivated AND I don't have to think too much doing this program. I hope it can teach me a little about portion control :shock:

Anyone else out there doing this program?

My goal for week one is 1 KG...
oakdale79

Re: Starting Lite n' Easy!!

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 pm

The advantage of programs like this is that it does teach you what a 'normal' meal looks like.

The disadvantage is that it removes personal responsiblity for your life. Successful long term weight loss is about ownership of your life style. Making healthy life style choices not because that is what you should do but - it is because that is who you are.

Do the program by all means...but please think about what you are doing! :D To quote, "An unexamined life is not worth the living." If you want a different result than previous attempts - you have to try something different. Most people will pay a fortune for a program, course, plan, spartan exercise regime, bleak fad diets, gym memberships or whatever - anything but to avoid getting honest with themselves and have to consider permanent real inner change. That is a very human thing to do...but it is not the way of success.

I hope this journey has a successful outcome for you. There is a better future out there...grab it! :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:57 pm

My bad...you should always attribute your quote. Socrates came up with this gem.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Hello and welcome!

I'm not doing Lite 'n Easy but I'm doing Jenny Craig which has the same general principles. I have to weigh in every week and while my menu is kilojoule control, there are so many counts of each food group i should/need to have per day.

I have been on the program for about 8 months now and i have learnt a lot about portion control, making balanced meals and eating every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism going.

I think you will learn a lot. Just don't do what I did and get so engrossed in it you forget how to do it yourself! I'm trying to slowly add in days on my own where i trust my instincts and practise what i've learnt from eating the food.

Good luck and do remember to report in to let us know how you're progressing! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Return to Introductions