It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Hi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am

Hi all, I am an old member back to lose a few kilos.

A few years back I lost a lot of weight. Over the course of a couple of years I gained a few kilos back but nothing to worry about really, I was happy and all was well.
Fast forward to December 2012 and at the age of 41 I found myself very unexpectedly expecting. In August 2012 Benjamin James made his way into the world weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 15ozs or 4.9 kgs.
So a combination of a slight weight gain pre pregnancy and a pretty huge gain during pregnancy I find myself back here looking for, and hoping to give, support once again.
Have a great day all :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: Hi

Postby shel_bel » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Welcome back! I'm reading your ticker and am in awe.. amazing job! Obviously you know what to do so no doubt you will be successful again!

Congratulations on your baby too, a bouncing bundle of joy I'm sure :D

Good luck with your journey.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Shalimar » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:02 am

Hi shel_bel and thank you :) .
At least I know it won't take anywhere near as long as last time so there is that on my side.
Thank you also on the baby congrats, he sure was a bouncing bundle. I shocked a few with him, including the medical staff looking after us :D .
Good luck on your journey also :).

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi Shalimar

Your progress reports and photos were an inspiration to me while I was losing weight. There's one thing I've been curious about - does your handle originate from a Jennifer Fallon novel?
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:32 am

Welcome back Sue! :D

It's good to have an "old hand" like you back here. I've been reading your epic Weigh In posts (60 pages strong!)...very inspiring. Many of the things you wrote I certainly could relate to (including the Lindt dark chocolate...but I have only one square!). I am sure with your skills you will soon have your weight back to where you want it. This place, as you well know is a great place to find encourgement and accountablity.

I found this place after I had lost my weight and wished I had known about it back then...the help and support would have made it a lot easier. One of the reasons I hang around this Forum is because it stops me from being complacent about maintaining. If I'm encouraging, advising and supporting others in their weight loss journey then I have to lead by example...that helps to keep me honest and accountable. Perhaps after you have got back to your ideal weight you may consider sticking around more often...not only for your maintenance sake - but also for the many out there who could be helped by your tremendous success story! :D 8)

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions