It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Introducing myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing myself

Postby Royalte » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 am

Hi everyone i am Royalte (aka Nicole) from Sydney, and i have recently decided that after talking and wanting to be fitter and slimmer year in and year out, at 25 years old, it was time that i get off my butt and actually did it.
I am usually active, but on the other hand, i LOVE my food. Pasta, pizza, chips, chocolates, you name it and if its bad than i love it.....until now.
So last week i took the step of joining a gym for the first time in my life (i still cant believe i actually did it) and i have started with a personal trainer, twice a week for 30 minutes. For me the exercise i one thing, but my bigger challenge will be the food side of things, especially because i hate lettuce, and everything healthy seems to have lettuce (and i mean i HATE it lol).

So at the moment i am 96kg at the moment and i am about 177cm tall (5'10). My goal is to be a toned and fit 80kg (although it might be good to see how 78kg looks on me) and unfortunatly most of my weight is on my bottom half. I can wear a size 12 top but then size 16 pants, so i am a real pear so to speak.

I am a keen horse rider (i have 1 horse and i compete in a western sport called reining) and i also play netball once a week.

My motivation for this, is that at 25 i love looking at clothes, but dont enjoying trying them on because i know they wont look any good, and with summer comming and 2 weddings to go to in Feb 2014, i want to look great for them

I look forward to meeting you all and to learning a lot on this site :) :o
Royalte

Re: Introducing myself

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Hey Nicole welcome aboard! :D

Sounds like you have the start of a pretty active lifestyle already. This is a journey of learning about how to get your lifestyle into a healthy place...so you are off to a good start!

Getting a healthy lifestyle together includes sorting out our food choices. Most of the time it is more about portion control and making a few basic changes in what we choose to eat. It is a journey of change and discovery so don't get to hung up on it when you start. Make small changes and the whole thing will come together in the end. You will be surprised where you may end up! Once upon a time I referred to salads as "rabbit food" and my eating was always endangering me towards gout and scurvy. Not only do I eat "rabbit food" salad nowadays - I actually make my own salad to my own recipe (and without lettuce to boot!)...my - how life has changed! One day this can happen to you too! :shock: :lol:

To you better future...enjoy your journey of discovery!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Introducing myself

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Nicole

There are a lot of great ideas and information to be found in the articles in the main website, and some excellent motivational stories in the forum. Enjoy!
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions