It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Free Newsletter

new aboard

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new aboard

Postby ira » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've seen the weekly weigh-ins and other awesome support on this forum, so here I am, joining the club! I'm 35, 78kg, 13 of which I've gained over the last 2 very stressful years. My goal is to get back to 65, or perhaps 62, but that looks very far from reach right now.
I've never been an active person, but that was ok weight-wise in my 20's. Then, I didn't pay a lot of attention to my weight over the last few years, and somehow I found myself being an L-size, hating to look in the mirror, having trouble going up the stairs... etc...etc.

So, now I'm trying to get back in shape, and hopefully get some results by Christmas.
I'm exercising three times a week (with a PT to drag me to the gym) and trying to limit the kilojoules to 6000 a day.
I'm terrible with late-night snacking and emotional eating... that's where I get stuck and need to become accountable...

wishing a successful weight-loss journey to everyone!

Ira
ira

Re: new aboard

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:43 am

hello Ira and welcome! :D

Accountability is a key area for many people. Use this forum as much as you can to be accountable. We know all the mind games and tricks that we play on ourselves and know how to call a spade...A BIG FAT SHOVEL when we have to! :lol: Remember...we are all in the same boat and just trying to help one another.

You will be surprised how quickly the weight will come off. Each week a bit comes off...you think that it will take forever but before you know it - that skinny person has arrived. When I started I took a bit of a gulp when I realised that I had a huge 87 kilos to lose. But each week, bit by bit it came off and before I knew it; 60 weeks had passed and ALL of the 87 kilos was GONE! :D

By Christmas, if you work hard at getting a healthy lifestyle that works for you together - you too will be on your way to that better future! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:10 am

Welcome aboard Ira.
Good on you getting a PT......we need someone to get us going sometimes.
Dont worry about L size.....size of clothes now days is all over the place. Shops vary sizing, i gave up on trying to fit into a specific size as it can be depressing.....retailers wont learn.
You should aim to lose 500g per week so this should take you down around 5kg for chrissy....that should be great.
Ask away if you have any questions.
All the best.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby ira » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Thank you very much for the replies and support! It really helps. This weekend I got caught with some other stuff and I've almost forgotten about the weight loss goal, but then I logged in here and got the motivation to keep on track. Thanks!
ira

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:36 pm

One of the things that can help you lose weight is "mindfulness". This is where you fill your head with thoughts, ideas, visions, quotes, key words, songs and the like to keep you focus towards your goal. Of course, this doesn't happen overnight but is built bit by bit. Early success will often help build enthusiasm for this approach. Remember; complacency and forgetfulness are the natural enemies to successful outcomes.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions