It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 am

Free Newsletter

Hello from a shrinking Diva!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from a shrinking Diva!

Postby DD Diva » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 am

Hello there (from Melbourne),

I hope you're all enjoying the glorious weather today which is just perfect for "the race that stops a nation"! :D

Not really sure where to begin, except maybe that I've been on my weight loss journey since New Year's Day, which by the same time next year I'm hoping to be well and truly closer to my goal. So far, so good......I started at 126.6 kg and this morning (I know, I know....I'm a "scale addict" :oops: ) I was back to my 99 kg (pre-cruise weight). I went on a short cruise a few weeks ago and for the first time in 26 weeks (I only really got serious about losing the weight in April) I went up, gaining a full 2.5 kg over three days of solid eating! :oops: But I'm back on the straight and narrow, and I plan to stay in double figures for good....even with Christmas fast approaching, I'm going to behave!

Anyway, I'm off to have a bit more of a wander through the website, to read, learn and be inspired lots by you all, and I can't wait to join you in our weight loss journeys together! :wink:

Have a great day! 8)

DD Diva

Re: Hello from a shrinking Diva!

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Diva

Congratulations on getting into double figures! It's a good feeling, isn't it! :-)

There's plenty here to read and inspire: the forum has lots of discussions and stories, and the website (accessed via the main menu) has heaps of articles and tools (calculators, diet sheets, etc). A lot of us have started our own message threads in the Personal Progress section - it can be helpful to preserve a record of musings on both failures and successes.

See you around.

Postby DD Diva » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:19 am

Thank you CronicBadger,

Yes, double figures is a GREAT feeling! :D Now the challenge is to make sure I never go back to triples again! :oops:

I have had a bit of read (though not as much as I had planned to) but I definitely want to join in and hopefully give something back as well as taking some wonderful tips/ideas and share experiences with all you like-minded souls. :wink:

DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:30 am

Hi Diva

Good work getting into two digits! 8)

This forum is a great aid in helping you become accountable (mostly to yourself) and a good place to find help and encouragement. :D

The good thing about events like the cruise is that it reminds us in very strong terms just how unforgiving our bodies are about "blowouts". Every chance it gets that body wants to return to it's former "glory"! :shock: Remember all that hard work you did just to take back that ground you gave up and use it to keep you "on the straight and narrow".

Wishing you a better future and great success.
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to Introductions