It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

Free Newsletter

Hi from Brisbane

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from Brisbane

Postby NOC » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm from Brisbane. I've had enough of my weight, lack of energy, so decided things need to change for me.

I currently weight 127kg, and always been big bloke. I have the motivation, but I occasionally become unfocused or lazy. So its time for me to keep that focus and do the job and try and reach 90kg mark.
My goals, well I have a couple reach that 90kg mark, but also I've got some motorcycle pants I've never been able to fit into that were given to me so I can get back on the race track and not only that I've gotta get slim and trim for my wedding in 2015.

Irony of it all is that I'm a cook for a calorie control company, I look after everybody else but me. I do eat good food, but I over eat, sometimes its hard to teach an old dog new tricks.. lol but I am trying.
My hardest problem is trying to lay off the diet soda drinks which has been my downfall, although the past week I've really been cutting the amount I've consumed of soda and switched it with water.
Matt

Was: 127kg
Current: 123.4kg
Goal: 90kg
NOC

Re: Hi from Brisbane

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 am

Hi Matt and welcome to the Forum! :D

The battle is all in the mind. For success you have to convince yourself that you want it SOOO badly that you will do anything that needs to be done to achieve it. We are all unfocused and lazy (I certainly was king of the unfocused and lazy!) but in the end we do the things we want to do! For example, no matter how busy your life is or gets - I'm sure somehow or other you still manage to find time to get on your bike and have a good ride, right? Successful weight loss is got to be an obsession like that. It's got to be more than a wish or even a want - it has got to be a MUST!

All the best in your endeavours for a better future! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Hi from Brisbane

Postby admin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Welcome Matt.
Well at least you are starting to address your issue, that is great. Next is actually doing something about it. Diet Soft Drinks are a trap and a waste of calories. They can be very addictive and do take some time to wean off but you must do this.....all that crap in your system is not a good thing.
Tackling one or two issues at a time and succeeding in them is the way to go. Sometimes it can be overwhelming and seem like it is impossible when faced with having to break all the habits we have gotten into over the years so I find breaking it down into bits and on a day by day basis works for me.

Good luck with your new healthy you and keep us posted on your progress and just post any questions you might have.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Return to Introductions