It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:23 am

Free Newsletter

Hi From Adelaide

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi From Adelaide

Postby MissRose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi All -
Obviously new to this. At the moment I am 173cm tall & weigh 129kg.
Need to do something about it ASAP.
Came on here for support.

Cheers :cry:
MissRose

Re: Hi From Adelaide

Postby admin » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Miss Rose,

Firstly you need to change your eating patterns and a little more exercise. Put a plan in place. Doesn't need to be a big plan, just what you are going to do this week.
We have a heap of lovely tasty recipes on the site, start making some of these. Cut out all soft drinks. We have an article which you might like

http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... -plan.html

Hope to hear your progress as you go along!

Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby MissRose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Thank you :)

I have struggled with my weight my whole life - I am 20 now and can't remember ever being below a size 16
I am currently a size 18-20
Writing this upsets me but I think I need to publicly (anonymously) announce it other wise I will keep making excuses.
MissRose

Postby Neet » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi Missrose! Happy to help out with encouragement when you need it. I came from Adelaide and have just moved to nsw. :D
Neet

Postby buttless » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:55 pm

hi Missrose,

I have just joined the forum as well so we are both newbies. the recipes on here are amazing and the ones i have read mostly use the items that you have in your cupboard so you don't have to go and do a special shop, which i love otherwise i won't do it. i look forward to reading about your journey and i am sure that with the help and support of the other members on here we can both achieve our goals. I too, once was embarrassed to announce to anyone how much i weighed (120kg when i was pregnant with my now 17 year old son), but i am telling you if i can do it then so can you. i currently weight 80.8kg (1.6kg gain after xmas), my goal weight is 76kg but i would like to go a bit lower than that but will see how things pan out. enough about me though, don't be embarrassed to let us all know how you are going, you only have to share what you wish. all it takes is to put one foot in front of the other.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby buttless » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 am

hows it going Missrose???? jump on and let us know 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby KitKat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Missrose, I'm also in Adelaide, Northern suburbs (please don't hold that against me)

Ive just joined and will be introducing myself soon, once i work out where to start. :lol:

I am 160cm tall and 85kgs I want to kick 30 Kilos to the curb. :D
KitKat

Postby MissRose » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi All -
Nothing much has happened yet although I have started a little challenge of exercise at home.

It's so hard at first but I suppose I can't be discouraged!
MissRose

Postby admin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:20 am

Hi Miss Rose,
Do you want to share what eating changes you have started.....change a couple of things each week, may be cutting out soft drinks, may be eating a healthy breakfast, etc. Just take mini steps but you have to start somewhere so maybe start with Breakfast and make changes there. If we eat a reasonable breakfast each day it is a great starting point....there really is no excuse for not having a decent breakfast, bananas should be your best friend. We have on our site breakfasts which take only 2 mins to make so time shouldn't be a factor. Suggestions are

High Protein Power Drink

Banana, Apricot & Bran Smoothie Recipe

Deluxe Bircher Muesli Recipe 2 minutes to make the night before, leave in fridge, 2 minutes to eat the next day - bang breakfast done.

Even a poached egg on toast with a serve of salt reduced baked beans or homemade beans will set up you until lunchtime. Loads of suggestions.

Good luck and if you have any questions ask away.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Return to Introductions