It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

newie from lalor vic

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

newie from lalor vic

Postby Lollie06 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm

hi everybody
i am looking to loose at least 20kgs but know i have to take small steps. i find it very hard to stay focused and stay on a diet. but this time i'm going to give it my all. so any help to keep me going would be great.i have also joined a masters marching team and are hoping that doing something that i love so much when i was younger will give me the push i need.
looking forward to a new me in 2014
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnEjnXH/]
Lollie06

Re: newie from lalor vic

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi Lollie06

Welcome to the AWL forum. Like any habit, if you can maintain a good eating habit for at least three weeks then it will get imprinted, and become "normal" for you. Never give up.
CronicBadger

Postby admin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 am

Hi Lollie,
Welcome and you always have to start somewhere. Chronic Badger is right.....3 weeks turns to norm.
Key things to start with are portion control esp at dinner, quality control, cut out most sugary things but start with sugar drinks. Eat as fresh as you can, cut out processed foods and start cooking yourself. Here are a couple of quick reads for you as a guide.

10 Tips to start a weight loss plan

Beginning to Exercise - A Ten Point Plan

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
Good Luck!
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lollie06 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm

thanks guys
i appreciate your support and will give it my all over the next 3 weeks and see how i go.
just had the chicken & chorizo slow cooker recipe just loved it. i can't wait to try more
thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)
Lollie06

Postby äirly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Try not to look at the big number at the end of your journey - take it in small steps. At 5kgs lighter your clothes will fit better, you will feel better about yourself. At 10kgs you would have dropped a dress size or two and will be happier and healthier - and it just keeps going like that. Its not all about that final number.
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Return to Introductions