It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Free Newsletter

New To Forum But Not To Weight Loss Attempts

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New To Forum But Not To Weight Loss Attempts

Postby cocochanel87 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself :) I'm hoping being on here and reading other peoples posts and providing updates on my journey will keep me focused.

I'm 26 years old and after being overweight for quite a few years now - the weight just kept creeping up the last few years since I experienced a big family tragedy - and eventually I hit my heaviest at 115kg last year. Tried to lose weight a lot over the past few years but ended up heavier than when I started - I unfortunately developed a terrible habit of eating (lets be honest ... bingeing) alone late at night in front of the television before going to bed. But seeing that number really really scared me as the last time I had checked myself I was around 105kg - All I thought was where the hell did 10kg's come from so fast?

I never had a terrible diet when it came to the range of foods that I would eat and I have never been a person that craved sugary treats or oily foods, I quite enjoy eating healthy foods... I just ate TOO MUCH of it (mainly too much rice with whatever dish I've made). Tried reducing the portions and just found myself starving and feeling like my stomach was empty all the time, I always drink a lot of water and tried to drink more to make myself feel full, instead I'd just end up with an even louder stomach growl haha. Did every shake diet and eating plan out there and failed.

Eventually I got onto Duromine as a friend of mine had great success with it (45kgs in 6 months - but she did put it all back on plus more when she fell pregnant a few years later and just threw caution to the wind when it came to her eating) and I have been on it since Feb 13. So far I've felt no side effects (I was really scared about all the effects after researching it on the net!) except my insanely frequent hunger cravings are gone! :D

I will only do it for 30 days just to help my body get used to the new way of eating I'm trying to implement, already I feel as though my stomach has shrunk as I only need to eat what I need do (sticking to around 1200-1300 calories a day, 1500-1600 calories on days that I swim laps). Hoping that afterwards my body will adjust much easier to my new food lifestyle as my stomach is smaller so I will feel full after smaller portions and also my body will have lived off that range of calories for a couple of months so fingers crossed - I have so much more discipline and motivation within myself now as the progress so far has been extremely encouraging! After every attempt before I would only last around 2 weeks before falling back into old habits as I'd only see 0.5-1kg of loss maximum (less than 1% of body weight and I had 52% to shed!) and get so discouraged.

So far after 2 weeks on Duromine I have lost 3.5kg - before that, since I started this journey 1 Jan (I was very determined to really do it this year! I did a lot of emotional healing over Christmas and feel as though I can really kick this emotional eating habit), I lost 4kgs on my own which was about 6.5 weeks - definitely was so very hard and was only gaining one third of the progress that I am gaining now and I put those earlier losses down to the swimming and walking but I still couldn't fight my need for bigger portions, I just never felt full! But now the smaller portions of food combined with the exercise has really made such a difference.

I won't let myself give in anymore and I certainly won't let the weight creep back on, its just such a struggle to lose it that I never want to have to go through it ever again. After the weight is gone I realise that the maintenance will be forever and I will have to keep up with the eating changes and exercise but it'll be worth it every single day to be able to wear the clothes I want to, to feel fitter and to be more active and avoid or at least delay the chance of getting some horrible obesity related diseases/health issues.

Only 2 more weeks to go on Duromine then I'm on my own until I hit that goal - fingers crossed I'll be ringing in 2015 with a whole new body! :D

Re: New To Forum But Not To Weight Loss Attempts

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Welcome to the Forum. you will find plenty of support and encouragement here.

It was a lax lifestyle that got you to where you are and it will be a healthy lifestyle that will get you out of the it. Keep working at developing a healthy lifestyle, making sensible choices, proper portion sizes and a good exercise regime and you be successful.

It is very possible for you to lose all that weight before long as you don't cheat yourself and follow through with a healthy lifestyle. :D I have an affinity with your starting date. I too started on the 1st of January (2011 though!) did take me 14 months to lose all my weight not a year then again I had 87 kilos worth to get rid off. :lol:

Wishing you a successful journey and a better future. :D
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Return to Introductions