It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby effie » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Hello Everyone
I'm looking for support and help with my weight loss journey. I started Lite n Easy on March 18th and have lost 1.7kgs. My weight when I started was 87.7kgs and I hope to get to 70kgs. I tried for ages to lose weight on my own, but simply did not have the self control, willpower etc. so decided to try this way. I'm happy enough with the food, but still feel quite hungry at various times during the day. I haven't really exercised as yet but intend to walk daily. I just hope I don't throw in the towel as I am a bit of a quitter! I'll sign off now and read some posts for inspiration. Cheers Effie
effie

Re: Newbie

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:24 am

Hello Effie

You will find the Forum a very good place to get support and be accountable. :D

Successful weight loss isn't about having enough willpower or self control. It is about working out a healthy lifestyle that works in your life. That requires a willingness to change. You have got to want to change your life more than you want to keep the lifestyle that you have. The cost has got to be counted. The lifestyle you have has pay offs for you now...that is why you go back to it. If however you became convinced that the pay offs of a healthy lifestyle are far greater - then you will change. Your "being" (character - who you are when no one is watching) will be transformed. Then you will stand up to pressures and not quit because "that is not who you are"...you have changed and are longer that person who would have folded and quit.

Wishing you a better future.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Newbie

Postby äirly » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Effie! I too did LnE way back when and I thought it was a great kick start! I did the 1500 cals one for about a month - then tried the 1200 cal and only lasted a week! So my advice would be to not push it :)

After LnE I continued to lose weight on my own (was steady but much slower) getting down from 80+ kg to 67 (then fell preg).

It is a little pricey and some of the food is a bit so-so, but if it's working stick to it! If you want to make your own meal plans down he track check out calorie king (the Australian site is free) and my fitness pal (also free and is available as an app)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Return to Introductions