It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

hi again

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hi again

Postby bec4 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:48 pm

i had my first baby in febuary and i put on alot of weight during that time. i did so well to start with i lost 5 kilos after the birth but now i need to lose like 20 kilos i have so much trouble fighting my cravings. does anyone have any good ideas for me. i am willing to try anything to shed my weight and stick to it.
R.M.CROTHERS
bec4

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi Bec and welcome to the forum!! Firstly congratulations on your baby!! Cravings are sometimes hard things to deal with, but if we assess the situation, we often find that we are not really "craving" anything in particular it is more out of a force of habit!!! Try keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks and be honest and write down everything that goes into your mouth. Also try and write down how you are feeling at particular times when you are craving something or if you are an emotional eater as this will often tell us when and why we are eating and then we are better equip to deal with things when they pop up rather than turning to food. We have a cravings corner on the forum that may also be of some help to you. Be sure to check out the home page of this website too as it is jam packed with ideas recipes and motivation.. you can also sign up for the free newsletter which I have found very helpful since being here!!

I wish you all the best with your weight loss journey and thanks for sharing it with us...losing weight is hard, but you have found a site that is great support!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:20 am

hi bec there are a couple of us girls that live in or near newy so welcome fellow novacastrian!

i had my first baby last december. i was chubby before i fell pregnant and i didnt really put on any weight whilst pregnant but afterwards i did! being at home with the baby all day i could eat what i wanted. in between feeds, bathing, changes, housework and so on i would have a chocolate here or there a few cans of coke and so on. ally is right, food diaries help. it really opens up your eyes as to what you have been eating. put a note pad on the fridge so you can jot them down. snack on healthier things like vegie sticks and salsa or fruit and nuts. its all about changing your mindset. if you think you are hungry have a big glass of water or two. most of the time its thirst but our brain is telling us its hunger. feel free to chat to us anytime!
kate_turner2000

Postby Green_Butterfly » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:09 am

Hey there, I havn't had a baby, so I'm really not much help- but my name is also Bec, so as one Bec to another- welcome! :P Good luck and you'll do great- this forum is a really good way to get motivated.

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:53 am

Hi Bec and welcome to the forums .Feel free to join in on any of the dicussions
Hope to see you around the boards
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby corolla_chick » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:26 pm

welcome to the forum from beck number 3 :):):)

best wishes with your journey

there are lots of tips, ideas and very supportive people on here 8)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby KimE » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Hello Bec and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your baby, how wonderful for you.

Have a good look around the forum and join in where you feel comfy. Also check out the home page for plenty of tools and tips to get you started.

All the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:11 pm

Hi Bec and welcome!
I agree that most cravings are habit driven. But for those things you know you really can't live without (chocolate for me) try substituting for a healthier version and/or cutting down how much you eat of it and turn it into a treat rather than an every day/all day food.

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions