It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Janine25 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:05 am

Hello everyone, a friend suggested I have a look at this site, and it seems like you have great tips, advise and a lot of support! :D
I started on my weight loss journey 6 months ago, starting weight 110, current weight 97 - 1.65m tall - so I still have a long way to go...... It amazes me to see the amount of weight some people lose in a short period of time, don't know what I am doing wrong?
I try to eat sensible, very few carbs, small portions - luckily I do not have a sweet tooth, so that is not a problem. What I do crave is salty snacks :?
Just wanted to say hello, and will keep you updated and check out all your posts!
Janine25

Re: NEWBIE

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:16 am

Welcome Janine :D

I hope you do more than check us out - why not come and join in? 8)

By becoming involved you will find your journey won't be so hard. You will find support and accountability here.
Also I'm sure that by sharing your journey's struggles and questions that we will be able to help you lose weight more quickly. It is surprising how another set of eyes (especially experienced ones) can put spot where the problem is - and give practical solutions to help you along. How do we know? Well, a few of us have been there, done that and bought the t-shirt already...so no need to re-invent the wheel right?

Salty snack cravings? This place is full of people with craving!...and have learnt or learning how to deal with them!
Come and join in...
come and get that better future! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 am

Do you keep a food Diary?

If you don't mind, list you usual daily foods and intake for us to see if you could change anything?

What Exercise do you do?
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:39 am

Hello and welcome Janine,

You'll find a lot of support, inspiration and tips to get your through your journey, and above all, you won't be alone!! :D

Andy's right, a good food journal is an ideal way of keeping track. Some people use their phones, others post their daily intakes here on the forum, others again take photos of everything that goes from the plate into their mouths :roll: no matter what the method, if it helps you get through......use it so you can lose it!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Return to Introductions