It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:35 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I am a new member

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I am a new member

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi everyone

My name Natalie 33 years of age from Melbourne.
I have found this site through a google search and found this site to be supportive, giving great tips on how to lose weight and great recipes.
would love to make new friends on this site to support each other with weight loss as I am currently trying to loose a few kilos myself.

Hope to hear from you and thanks for reading :D
Height: 154cm
Was: 45kg
Goal Weight: 55kg
Current Weight: 72kg
spanishgirl

Re: Hi I am a new member

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Welcome Natalie,

It's always nice to have a new person join the forum but especially when they're from "the world's most liveable city"!!! :wink: (everyone else that's not from Melbourne is going to shoot me for that one!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, great to have you onboard, you'll find a great deal of support and encouragement here, and a few laughs to boot!!!

Look forward to learning more about you, and sharing this journey with you. :D

Cheers,
Josie
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Hello Nat,
welcome too the forum,hope enjoy the place..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJdUAdnbpMI

Nat...;-)
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the spanish eyes song one of my favourites :D

And thanks for making me feel welcomed by the way I live in Hallam not sure if you know that area Diva.
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:36 pm

spanishgirl wrote:Hi Ladies

Thanks for the spanish eyes song one of my favourites :D

And thanks for making me feel welcomed by the way I live in Hallam not sure if you know that area Diva.

I do know Hallam. :D You're a distance away from me, I'm in the North in the city of Whittlesea.
DD Diva

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Thats ok Diva I dont mind where people live as long they are genuine

May I ask what nationality are you? :)
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:07 pm

spanishgirl wrote:Thats ok Diva I dont mind where people live as long they are genuine

May I ask what nationality are you? :)

Me too!!! :D :wink:

I'm an Australian born, but of Italian decent with a bit of Argentinian and Spanish courtesy of my grandparents (my dad's mum was Spanish; my mum's dad was Argentinian....how's that for confusing??!!) :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 pm

oh nice mix you do have the italian look too do you speak any spanish?
spanishgirl

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:16 pm

I forgot to mention is there spanish/southamerican members on these forums?
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 pm

spanishgirl wrote:oh nice mix you do have the italian look too do you speak any spanish?

Thanks! :)
Not as well as I used to, sadly if you don't (as they say) use it you lose it!!! :cry:
I used to be very fluent in Italian, French and Spanish; these days I'm lucky to get my English right!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 pm

spanishgirl wrote:I forgot to mention is there spanish/southamerican members on these forums?

I have no idea, I'm sorry.
There may be; though if there is maybe your question will bring them out to the light (wouldn't that be great??!!) :D
DD Diva

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm

hehe true about the light

I was wondering regarding the starting wait for my signature does it mean what my weight was is that what it means by starting weight?
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:01 pm

spanishgirl wrote:hehe true about the light

I was wondering regarding the starting wait for my signature does it mean what my weight was is that what it means by starting weight?

I guess so. :D
Basically your starting weight is the weight you record at the time of starting your weight loss journey.
Some may vary a little, for instance, although my actual start weight was 126.6kg on 1/1/13 it wasn't until the end of April that I really got serious but by then I'd already lost 6kg. Nevertheless, I still leave it as 1/1/13 at the 126.6kg start weight. Does that make sense??!! Sorry sometimes, I don't explain things too clearly. :oops:
DD Diva

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 pm

oh how silly I am I put 45kg when i was younger haha dont worry Diva you make sense its me that has to correct my mistake.

Do you know how monitor calories in and out? I need to learn my calculations I am hopeless :?
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 pm

spanishgirl wrote:oh how silly I am I put 45kg when i was younger haha dont worry Diva you make sense its me that has to correct my mistake.

Do you know how monitor calories in and out? I need to learn my calculations I am hopeless :?

Don't worry, that's fine. I really hadn't noticed your start weight until you mentioned it.

I personally (like you) like to count calories, others prefer to count points (like Tinkerbella for instance) then there are those who don't do either! It really doesn't matter which you prefer; as long as you're happy and it works for you.

With regard to how I count calories, I use a phone app called MyFitnessPal which is fantastic because you can if you don't want to use it on your phone, you can do exactly the same online. I've included the link here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/logout I find it very useful to track my calories, and my exercise using this simple app, but there are many others which are as good (if not better). I also used to use Calorie King, but after coming across MyFitnessPal, fell in love with that and dumped the king!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And FYI....you're not hopeless; no one is hopeless!! Don't be too hard on yourself. Besides we're all here for you, we can get through this together!! :wink:
DD Diva

Next

Return to Introductions