It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I am a new member

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hi I am a new member

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:51 pm

I am on calorie king too :D

No one chats there anymore you know it would be a good idea if their were a chat room because its so hard to keep up with forums.

Have you made any new friends on my fitness pal? are there any other sites like fitness pal?
Height: 154cm
Was: 45kg
Goal Weight: 55kg
Current Weight: 72kg
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:03 pm

spanishgirl wrote:I am on calorie king too :D

No one chats there anymore you know it would be a good idea if their were a chat room because its so hard to keep up with forums.

Have you made any new friends on my fitness pal? are there any other sites like fitness pal?

Nothing wrong with CK, it's pretty good. :)

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't have a "chat room" facility; and to be honest, I'm not sure how it'd go; although it may do well (who knows?). These days I think social media has killed off much of the participation on forum because people tend to want "instant" communication ie. facebook or twitter and the like.

I didn't really think about using MFP as an avenue for that; to be honest, I thought it was more of a counter and tracker, than a social medium. Though I guess it has that element too??!!
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:02 am

Hey Natalie welcome to the Forum! 8)

I hope that you will find your (dancing) feet here and find encouragement, support and help in your weight loss journey. :D

So tell us some more about you weight loss journey so far. I see that you plan to lose 17 kilos and that you are counting your calories. What is your planned daily calorie intake and what sort of exercise do you do or plan to do? Maybe we will be able to give you a few pointers to help you along the way. I personally don't count calories but others like Josie (Diva) are experts and can give you tips there. That is the beauty of the Forum...there is a lot of collected wisdom stored here. So if you have a question don't be bashful to ask - someone is bound to know! :)

Wishing you a better future!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Hey Tinkerbella, You are the queen of photos, Spanish Girl wants to know how to upload a photo to the profile and I can't for the life of me remember without searching around......would you be able to post some instructions....thanking you in advance.

Cheers

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby DD Diva » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:41 pm

admin wrote:Hey Tinkerbella, You are the queen of photos, Spanish Girl wants to know how to upload a photo to the profile and I can't for the life of me remember without searching around......would you be able to post some instructions....thanking you in advance.

Cheers

Sharrelle

Hey Sharelle,

In case you need to know in a hurry (I hope you don't mind my answering)....

Below the message box is a tab called "upload attachment" select that, then select "browse" take you wherever your photo is (ie. desktop or one of your files) open it, then select "add file" and then post as normal. :)
DD Diva

Postby admin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks for that...I should know this but my brain is full at the moment and I am scared something might pop out and not come back if I try to cram more stuff in......
Cheers :lol:
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby DD Diva » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

admin wrote:Thanks for that...I should know this but my brain is full at the moment and I am scared something might pop out and not come back if I try to cram more stuff in......
Cheers :lol:
Sharrelle

:lol:
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:28 pm

admin wrote:Hey Tinkerbella, You are the queen of photos, Spanish Girl wants to know how to upload a photo to the profile and I can't for the life of me remember without searching around......would you be able to post some instructions....thanking you in advance.

Cheers

Sharrelle

I am only too happy too help...

use this link put in 80 pix and then copy past then add it too your profile,if you need any extra help im only too happy too help...
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

take the 200 out and put in 80....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

that's how I do it for my profile photos,then you can up load at the right size....
go too user control panel,which is top left handside,
then you go down too profile,
then edit avatar...

then browse.....

but have your profile photo the right size first by following that link.....
but like I said if you need any help ask away,somebody would be only too happy too help.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:35 pm

DD Diva wrote:

Cheers

Sharrelle

Hey Sharelle,

In case you need to know in a hurry (I hope you don't mind my answering)....

Below the message box is a tab called "upload attachment" select that, then select "browse" take you wherever your photo is (ie. desktop or one of your files) open it, then select "add file" and then post as normal. :)

I cant work out how too do any photo,please do tell,
I can only do it if I make it the right size first???

please let me know how you do it this way Diva as ive got no idea????????
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:04 pm

tinkerbella wrote:I cant work out how too do any photo,please do tell,
I can only do it if I make it the right size first???

please let me know how you do it this way Diva as ive got no idea????????

The way you do it is just fine, and it is especially helpful because you've used a handy link to reduce the file size of the photo. That's a good link to make use of, so it's good that you included it; thank you. :)

With regard to adding any photo, regardless of size all you need to do is as I described, use the "upload attachment" tab located just under the post message box (below) which once opened by selecting "browse" you just locate the photo you want to upload, select "add the file", then all you do is either "preview" or "submit" as you normally would. I've added a screen shot of the 2 step process to make it easy to follow. I hope that helps, and again, thanks for the link to reduce the photo size (very helpful)!! :)
Attachments
upload.JPG
upload.JPG (36.53 KiB) Viewed 470 times
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 pm

sorry I thought the question was profile photos,thats why I was lost....silly me..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:58 pm

looking forward too more photos Nat,they always tell more too a story...
start posting as its enjoyable...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Natasha that is a good handy link nevertheless. It took me ages to figure out how to get my photo small enough to get it accepted as a profile photo. I should have talked to you...you could have saved me an evening of learning the hard way! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Blitz wrote:Natasha that is a good handy link nevertheless. It took me ages to figure out how to get my photo small enough to get it accepted as a profile photo. I should have talked to you...you could have saved me an evening of learning the hard way! :lol:

Kim

all I ever do is act my mate GOOGLE.... :shock: :wink:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions