It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone

Postby kezzstar24 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:59 am

My name is Kerryn and I'm 25 (26 in November) and live in Brisbane. Over the past year I've really let myself go (I can claim depression all I want but the fact is I stacked on weight!) getting up to 86kgs (optimally I should be around 60kgs). So far I'm back down to 76kgs with walking (I do a 6km walk home every day, although I do have a few pit stops along the way to take photos of Kangaroo Point and the Story Bridge, and on Sundays I do a huge 14km walk with one pit stop at Giffin Park to reflect on life), thankfully I LOVE walking so hopefully I can get back into my old habits.

Apart from walking I like writing and AFL (I can't play for quids though, I have no hand-eye coordination!). Hopefully I can get myself back down to a healthy and good-looking weight (I'm vain, I admit it)!

:D
kezzstar24

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Blitz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Kerryn, welcome to the Forum! :D

You have done well is far getting rid of those 10 kilos; so you must be getting a handle on what it takes to get rid of the rest. 8)

Walking is get exercise and also very good for the mind. Nothing like a good walk or jog to clear out the mind and release all those natural uppers into your system. You will find that the closer you get to your goal - the less depressed you will feel. Having a victory in one area of your life does tend to transfer to other areas (unfortunately the reverse is true too).

Please leap into this Forum and fully participate. You will find this Forum a great place to learn more about weight loss and more importantly find support in the tough times. 8)

Wishing you that better future!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions