It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello :)

Postby beckj » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:49 am

Hi all.
So I am Beck.
I'm a wife, and mother of two little ones.

I have joined this forum as over the past years I have piled on the weight and have now hit rock bottom and and ready to find a way out of this life style.
I have put on well over 20 kgs since having kids. If there was an excuse to use I have used it!

So now I need help, help on keeping to my goals and on reaching them :)
beckj

Re: Hello :)

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:44 pm

beckj wrote:Hi all.
So I am Beck.
I'm a wife, and mother of two little ones.

I have joined this forum as over the past years I have piled on the weight and have now hit rock bottom and and ready to find a way out of this life style.
I have put on well over 20 kgs since having kids. If there was an excuse to use I have used it!

So now I need help, help on keeping to my goals and on reaching them :)

Amen Beck,

I soooooo hear you!!! Loved your comment so much, had to bold it and comment!! Sooooo true, haven't we all used every excuse?!! :roll: :oops:

Anyway, welcome to the forum, we're all here to help you (and each other).

Looking forward to hearing more about you and travelling on this journey together. :D

Cheers,
Diva
DD Diva

Re: Hello :)

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 am

Welcome to the Forum Beck! :D

You have keyed the right word - "lifestyle".
You have discovered that your current lifestyle isn't working (and run out of excuses to boot).

Now is the time to find out how to change that old lifestyle into one that is healthy one and that works for you. 8)
Here at the Forum you will able to find helpful advice and support to that end. :)

So Beck tell us your numbers. What is the starting weight and what is the target goal weight?
What actions (food intake and/or exercise) have you started to put into your life already to achieve success?

I want you to do two things that will give you a flying start in this weight loss journey.

I want you to go to the Before and After Photos section of this Forum and look at my thread there (Blitz) and really take in the photos of me.
Then repeat daily to yourself "if that fat balding man who is on the wrong side of fifty with chronic asthma, bad back, with a belly hernia the size of his fist, with ingrown toes nails and knowing nothing about weight loss can lose 87 kilos in 60 weeks then I have NO EXCUSE not to succeed in losing 20 kilos!"

The second thing I want you to do is turn your wish to a want, your want to a must. You have to get your head in the right place. Failure is not an option! To do this, start by listing ALL the reason for losing weight (from the most major to the most trivial minor ones) and then list ALL the reasons for NOT losing weight (there are a few...or you would have done something about it before...there are pay offs or we wouldn't do it). Once you have the two lists I want you to really meditate and think them through until gradually that first list becomes so more important than the second one that it no longer is a wish nor a want but a MUST.

Wishing you a better future! 8)
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions