It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

Introduction Again

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introduction Again

Postby Crouton » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum ages ago but didn't really use it a lot and then forgot about it. But now I'm back and am currently trying to lose weight.

My starting weight was 85.4kg

My current weight is 81.6 kg

And my goal weight is 70 kg.

At the moment I am not exercising and just trying to eat healthy, but in a few weeks time I finish Uni for the semester and will start an exercise routine then.
Crouton

Re: Introduction Again

Postby Rocca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Crouton (I love this name!)

Welcome back, good on you for coming back!

I've just joined and my starting weight is just a few hundred grams off yours. :) You're well on your way to your goal weight, well done! I'm also trying to get my eating sorted before I start any rigorous exercise program... One thing at a time! What are you studying?

R
Rocca

Postby DD Diva » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Hello Crouton,

Have to agree, that's a pretty cool (summer salad) kinda name! But I'm guessing, it's not your "real" everyday name??!!

Welcome (back) to the forum, you're in good company here and especially this week, you're the 3rd person to join in the last few days!! It's getting pretty crowded in here! Nahhh....just kidding; the more the merrier.

Look forward to learning more about you, and travelling this weightloss journey together. :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Welcome back Crouton to the Forum. :D

Try to get into the practice of regularly posting as this will give you a much better chance of success. The habit of coming here often will keep weight loss to the fore of your thinking and help drive you to greater results. This place is a great place for anyone to get motivation, questions answered, encouragement in the tough times (and there will be) and above all - accountability. By being accountable to others we become more honest and accountable to ourselves.

Isn't it funny how when we begin the weight loss process we always try to put off exercise as long as possible? It really isn't something to fear...what we need to understand is to begin is the important step. We think that exercise is about killing (punishing) ourselves for the sins of the past and go at it far too hard. Much better to start off slowly and surely and as you get more fit work harder then. I know of what I speak of...started exercise in the second week when I saw that it couldn't be avoided any longer. When I did start all I could do was a ten minute walk. By the time I had lost all the weight I needed I had worked up my fitness so that I could do three hours of exercise (jogging, swimming and exercise bike) and still be ready for more! My recommendation...do some sort of exercise now - the sooner you establish the good habit the better off you will be. 8)

Wishing you a better future. :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Blitz wrote:Isn't it funny how when we begin the weight loss process we always try to put off exercise as long as possible? It really isn't something to fear...what we need to understand is to begin is the important step. We think that exercise is about killing (punishing) ourselves for the sins of the past and go at it far too hard. Much better to start off slowly and surely and as you get more fit work harder then. I know of what I speak of...started exercise in the second week when I saw that it couldn't be avoided any longer. When I did start all I could do was a ten minute walk. By the time I had lost all the weight I needed I had worked up my fitness so that I could do three hours of exercise (jogging, swimming and exercise bike) and still be ready for more! My recommendation...do some sort of exercise now - the sooner you establish the good habit the better off you will be. 8)

Wishing you a better future. :D
Kim

Agree wholeheartedly!!! Says she who has just come back from an intense workout at the gym!!! It's not quite as admirable a feat as your 3 hours Kim, but a good solid hour of solid cycling, walking (treadmill), elliptical and stepper!!! I'm beat!!! I guess it's not much, but for someone who used to find it hard to get from the couch to the fridge an hour's physical gym workout is AMAZING!!! And (here's the kicker....) I LOVE IT!!! I can't believe I'd ever hear myself say that, but I really really enjoy making the effort to go to the gym, which by the way, I walked to (not drove) a 35 minute walk from home, so I guess that counts too!!! I'm pretty chuffed with myself, and can't wait to go back!!! :shock: Wow!!! Did I say that?????????? Who'd have thought??!!! :lol: :lol:

Exercise not only helps with weight loss, but it makes you feel good. And honestly, who doesn't want to feel good (and lose weight at the same time)???

It's doesn't have to be a marathon (goodness knows, I couldn't manage that either right now) :oops: just a few steps more than you normally would, and just add ten more step every time you do it, and before you realise, you're walking a fair distance!!! And feeling proud as punch with yourself. :wink:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention.......I had to walk back home too!!! :shock: Another 35 minutes!!! All up 2 hrs and 10 mins. :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:16 am

I think that is one of the big surprises in weight loss.
Who would have ever figured that not only would you be fit enough to do all that exercise - but that you would actually enjoy it!
Indeed, it is such a pleasure that there are days where I pine for a good walk, jog or swim! :shock: 8)

Another surprise is just how quickly you get fit. When I started it all seemed so impossible - and now I'm bouncing around like I'm Superman. And it all happened in a blink of an eye. One day you are shuffling along and then the next *click* - you are powering away like a speeding bullet! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions