It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie Introduction

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie Introduction

Postby Foodie4Life » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi all

Just doing my introduction spiel. I'm 29 years old and am currently the biggest I have ever been. I am 176cms tall and currently 98kgs. I usually sit around the 80kg mark (when I am happy and healthy and active) but experienced some weight gain last year (got up to about 88kgs) then this year have stacked on a whopping 10kgs after a very awful and drawn out break up and then quitting smoking about 2 months ago. I am feel uncomfortable and awkward in my body and most of my clothes no longer fit me.

When my relationship fell apart (around April) I began doing some serious binge eating, living mostly off fast food, and completely stopped all physical activity. I have gotten to the point where I have had enough of feeling sorry for myself and realise it's time to change because what I am doing now is making me miserable. I know how to eat healthy, and I cook healthy food, but I have not had the energy to leave the house up until recently, let alone go grocery shopping and cook. I am normally physically active (at a moderate level, e.g. go to the gym 2-3 times per week, walking on most days) and I am ready to get back into that habit. It's unfortunate that sometimes the pain of staying the same needs to exceed the pain of change in order for change to take affect.

I don't have dreams of being a tiny person, I love my food and I love to cook, and frankly I don't think I am built that way. But I am definitely waaaay out of my comfort zone and feel it's time to get up off my fat ass and make a change. I don't need a program or a fad diet or diet shakes, I know what healthy eating is and I know what I need to do in order to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I look forward to hearing your stories and both giving and receiving support from this little community. Feel free to send me a wave :D :D :D
Foodie4Life

Re: Newbie Introduction

Postby admin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Welcome aboard....good for you taking the first step and good for you being realistic about not wanting to be a skinny minnie....
With that kind of attitude and approach you will definately become a healthier person which is what you should be aiming for. Look out for Blitz who has a great approach as well and has lost a huge amount of weight and shares his stories good and bad with everyone...he also is running a thought diary, sharing an insight into his journey and trying to inspire others....now I can't remember what thread it is in but you will see this pop up.

One of the things that has stuck with me that he has shared is not to do everything all at once...take it easy, one change at a time because if we start to change everything on week 1 it won't last.

Anyway welcome and look forward to your posts...and progress.

Cheers

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Rocca » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Welcome Foodie!
Have to say I'm seeing my intro very much in yours... I'm 28 and was at my heaviest 5 weeks ago when I first joined here (25kgs heavier than my lowest and where I want to be). Although I'm a fair bit shorter than you! I can completely relate to feeling uncomfortable and not having any clothes that fit. It's not fun.
You're starting off with a determined attitude which is great and you know what you gotta do, just gotta get stuck into it! Looking forward to sharing your journey with you. :) Whereabouts are you located?
R
Rocca

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 am

Hey Foodie4life welcome to the Forum! :D

This Forum is a great place to get support and encouragement as you discover how to put together a healthy lifestyle that works for you.

Sounds like your life is ready for a change - and change is the name of the game.

One of the things that I recommend for people to do is list all the benefits that weight loss would bring (no matter how large or trivial). Once you have made that list, then list ALL of the benefits that remaining the some has (there are benefits - if there wasn't any pay off you would have stopped long ago). Once you've done that then think deeply about those lists. This is the reality check...this is where you get real with yourself. When the benefits of weight loss hits home you can really begin. Turn that WISH into a WANT and then turn it that want into a MUST. When you have that then change in your life will be achieved successfully.

Weight loss is a journey...a journey of the mind. Build all changes into your life slowly but surely. By making small changes at first, you will be able to build and build on each success. 8)

I have some before and after pictures of me in the aptly named "Before, During and After Photos" section. Hopefully they can inspire and provoke the desire for real change in your life. In a lot of my posts you will read me harping on about "a better future" after weight loss...that is because it is really true. As much as you imagine are the benefits of losing weight are - the real reality is it is even better than you could possible ever imagined it! :D

Looking forward to seeing your better future unfold before you!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:15 am

Welcome Foodie4Life,

You've come to the right place; this forum is wealthy with some real losers, who are also winners (at the same time) and with them on your side, you're not alone!!
The journey starts with the intro, it's a first step, and that's the way to go; one tiny step at a time....YOU CAN DO IT!!! :wink:
Looking forward to travelling this journey with you, and watching as the kilos melt away!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:32 am

DD Diva wrote:this forum is wealthy with some real losers

Josie - you calling me a loser? How dare you! I resemble that fact! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:this forum is wealthy with some real losers

Josie - you calling me a loser? How dare you! I resemble that fact! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Kim

You're in good company there Kim, I'm a loser too (not as much as you, yet!!) but not far behind!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Return to Introductions