It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Free Newsletter

First step - physical and emotional weight

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: First step - physical and emotional weight

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 pm

klas26 wrote:Im happy to report a 1.2kg loss this week I surprised myself thats for sure :lol: :lol: :lol:
So far a 6.1kg loss in a month which is ok. Im expecting it to taper off as I go on (like it usually does) so i will take that :wink:

Oh how I hate seeing that i have so much more to loose but as hubby says... "dont think about it just do it and then we will eventually look back and hopefully go......wow" (hes on the program as well). Hes right!
(shh dont tell him that :wink: )

klas26...good work at losing 1.2kg this week. 8)
6.1kg isn't something to sneeze at...that's 6.1kg closer to success! :D

Your hubby is right (I'm a guy...I would say that, right? :wink: ), don't worry about that end number and how far away it is.
Do what you need to do on the day and week that is in front of you.
If you do that, you will find that you arrive before you know it! 8)

Good going this week - keep at it and that better future will be yours! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:40 am

klas26 wrote:Im happy to report a 1.2kg loss this week I surprised myself thats for sure :lol: :lol: :lol:
So far a 6.1kg loss in a month which is ok. Im expecting it to taper off as I go on (like it usually does) so i will take that :wink:

Oh how I hate seeing that i have so much more to loose but as hubby says... "dont think about it just do it and then we will eventually look back and hopefully go......wow" (hes on the program as well). Hes right!
(shh dont tell him that :wink: )

Yeah I know what you mean, DD DIVA, in the past there have been times where i thought id done amazing only to find the scales tell me something else and then others not so good and the scales go the right way! the body is such a crazy thing!
your doing so well though, we should all be pretty proud of ourselves for even making the choice to change :wink:
I dont really feel like Ive lost any to tell you the truth but I do feel healthier and more active.. My clothes are still fitting, but last time it took me until I reached in the 90s before i noticed a massive change in my clothes. The worst thing is I gave all my size 24 away :lol: Hopefully i never ever have to need them again.
:cry:

That's AWESOME, Klas26!!! :D You should be very proud of yourself!!! :wink:
6.1 for the month....WOW!!! :shock: WELL DONE!!! :D
Your hubby's right, don't worry about the number still ahead, look back at what you've achieved so far and let this lead and motivate you (to repeat, and better) with each new day!! And before you know it you'll be closer to the end wishing for the tiniest amount!!! Just think, the number on the scales you see now (if you keep on the right path) will be one that you'll never see again (and how good does that feel??) keep at it Klas, you're doing great!!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby klas26 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Aww thank you for your kind words :D :D :D

Today is such a nice day I have to some how get motivated to go for a walk... My 3 year old loves beating me at the park when we race ( I wish I could say I was letting him win :) :) :wink: )
So the plan is (being my day off) @ 3 pm.. I will do a few laps! Usually we race to a landmark... and then walk then race again... baby steps right?

I love seeing joggers I often think i wish i could do that every morning... maybe someday i will.. but for now i will continue to look absolutely ridiculous in the activity I like to call (jog walking :wink: )
You know how I was saying my husband said to just not think about the whole process... :lol: ... Well he had an impatient rant yesterday.. I thought it was funny and had to remind him of his words! If only it was that easy to click your fingers and suddenly be at goal weight! Like I said to him I guess this is our life battle, nothing worth actually doing is easy.... So I was the motivational speaker yesterday oh how the tables had turned :lol:

Anyways.. Have a great day everyone :wink:
klas26

Postby Blitz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:34 am

klas26 wrote:Today is such a nice day I have to some how get motivated to go for a walk... My 3 year old loves beating me at the park when we race ( I wish I could say I was letting him win :) :) :wink: )
So the plan is (being my day off) @ 3 pm.. I will do a few laps! Usually we race to a landmark... and then walk then race again... baby steps right?

I love seeing joggers I often think i wish i could do that every morning... maybe someday i will.. but for now i will continue to look absolutely ridiculous in the activity I like to call (jog walking :wink: )

This is excellent practice klaus26! :D
Not only are you doing exercise but you are building it into your lifestyle. Getting your 3 year old involved is terrific...they feel like they are a part of your journey and it is also a great way to set an example of healthy living. Not to mention...all part of the bonding process and building beautiful memories of you in your child's life. My daughter was very much part of my weight loss journey. In the mornings before school we would walk a circuit together. She would often swim with me on the weekends (giving me the thumbs up with each lap I would do). Also in my daily weigh ins, she was always very keen to see the state of play with my weight - if that don't keep you accountable and on track nothing will! :lol:

You may be interested to note that your very method of exercising is very similar to how I moved from walking to jogging.
I started by just jogging between two lamp posts and then walking until I caught my breath again and then jog between two more lamp posts. Gradually I would do more jogging between lamp posts until I was jogging one length and walking the next length alternatively.
When that got comfortable, I was jogging two lengths and walking one.
I continued like this until one night at the half way point I decided to jog all the way home without stopping...and found that I could do it easily. Soon after that I was jogging all of my circuit and even end up double it's length.
So all power to your "jog walking"! 8)

klas26 wrote:You know how I was saying my husband said to just not think about the whole process... :lol: ... Well he had an impatient rant yesterday.. I thought it was funny and had to remind him of his words! If only it was that easy to click your fingers and suddenly be at goal weight! Like I said to him I guess this is our life battle, nothing worth actually doing is easy.... So I was the motivational speaker yesterday oh how the tables had turned :lol:

Anyways.. Have a great day everyone :wink:

Losing weight is if nothing else...it is character building!
...not to mention that it also develops your sense of humour! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Previous

Return to Introductions