It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:14 am

Free Newsletter

sweetbudgie's first day

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

sweetbudgie's first day

Postby sweetbudgie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I started on my "life change" today and feeling a little overwhelmed. I am 45 years old and weigh (wait for it .......79.5kg)...oh just typing that makes me feel "blurrrr". Anyway i am only 5'2 tall so i am well and truely in the "obese" catagory...mmmmm a tear slowly trickles down my cheek.

I was always little and petite up until about 10 years ago.....and wow ive gone from a 48kg to "oh i can't type it again"...you get the drift.

So here i am, i decided to try Tony Ferguson shakes to maybe kick start my weight loss. Has anyone got an opinion about that?

I have been reading a lot of these posts and I am very impressed with the support and help everyone seems to give each other. I hope i can contribute to that.

Anyway just a quick hello from another "looser" lol. I wish you all the best and really look forward to making some friend with you along the way.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTujNZ/]
sweetbudgie

Re: sweetbudgie's first day

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:30 am

Welcome sweetbudgie (do you have a real first name I can use?) to the Forum! :D

That first day weigh in can be a little overwhelming but fear not...this is just the beginning of your journey to a better future. 8)

My first day (with my 52 birthday less than a month away) had me weigh in at 153.7kg (making me super obese!) and I worked out that I had to lose 87kg (which is more than you weigh currently).
I gulped at those figures...thought that 87kg sounded a bit high-ish...but told myself "it is what it is - and that is what I had to lose - so be it". Probably was a good thing that the penny didn't drop much later that I actually had to lose more than half of me (56% is the precise number) to reach goal weight!

But the good news is that in just 60 weeks I did lose all that weight...and the better news is - if I can do it...so can you! :D

I'm not a great fan of weight loss shakes and such.
I believe the key to successful weight loss is developing a healthy lifestyle (eating and exercise) that works in your life.
But go ahead and do what you want to do...but sooner or later you will have to deal with the issue of eating "real food"...use it as a confidence boosting kick start - but remember there is no short cuts in weight loss.
Real progress means doing the hard work. The rewards are there and the help and support of this Forum is always here for you! 8) :D

Looking forward to your progression to that better future!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:32 am

Hi Sweet Budgie,
Welcome aboard. Yes those middle years creep up and bang before you know it you have crept up the scales without really even trying. It is great you have now recognized this now and take control. If you read Blitz Maintenance 101 thread which I love it gives all sorts of insights to a man who has been there done that and now wears the t-shirt.
All i can advise is portion control, ditch the rubbish in your cupboard, get out and start exercising and watch the calories but don't make it too hard for yourself in the beginning. One change at a time will become habit rather than a drastic measure.
We have an article on how to start, actually a weight loss plan and an exercise plan which I have attached below for you to read.
Article: 10 Tips to starting a weight loss plan
Article: 10 Tips to starting an exercise plan
I hope that helps and others will jump on board with advice.
All the best and look forward to your posts.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby sweetbudgie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:27 am

Thank you both so much.

I am well and truely ready for change and I have realised that it isn't because I want to lose weight it is because I 'HAVE' to lose weight. I dont want to get sick and be unhealthy.

My kids are only 15 and 18 years old. So i am assuming in the next ten years I will at some stage become a Grandma and I want to be the type of grandma outside playing with them. Walking in the park with them, even maybe running with them.

So yes I am ready.

I will have a look at those links and get a few ideas.

Thanks again
PS name is Tina.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTujNZ/]
sweetbudgie

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:40 am

Good one Tina! :D

That "HAVE TO" mindset is the difference between failure and success!
During my weight loss journey I always had this mental image of death chasing me down the road trying to cut me down with his scythe. That image kept me walking/jogging down the road long after I wanted to stop! :lol:
Thinking of weight loss in terms of it being literally a life or death matter certainly concentrates the mind into action! :shock:

My daughter was ten years old when I started to lose weight. My overweight-ness stopped me from playing more actively with her when she was growing up. Also my lifestyle habits was setting a poor example for her to follow. One of the reasons for starting on the journey was so I would be around to see her grow up. There was every chance that if I didn't do something I would not have been around for her 21st birthday. She has just turned 13 and now she has a fully engaged active Dad who is leading a healthy lifestyle for her to follow.

I was a good Dad then...but I'm a far better one now! :D
I say it all the time...because it is true for me and mine -
There is a better future...run towards the finishing line and grab the prize! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:56 am

WELL SAID KIM!!! :D

I'm sure you're a GREAT dad, and a far better one than the unfit good day of years gone by; your daughter is very blessed to have you (and now you'll be around a long long longgggg time) thanks to your healthier lifestyle. :D

Welcome sweetbudgie / Tina
:wink:
(Sorry I didn't post earlier)

I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm 51 and (aside from older than you, as my kids alone are older than yours) I too want to be a "fit grandma" able to run around after my grandchildren if/when (hope!!!) my children (and God) bless me with them. :wink:

Kim is spot on.....You have the right mindset, and that is 3/4 of the battle won right there!!! :wink:

It's a tough journey, but it doesn't have to be travelled alone; we're all here for you, sharing the joys and the pitfalls, the highs (and preferably) the lows!!! You'll find a lot of encouragement and support here, so welcome, and I look forward to watching you succeed!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 am

Btw....by the "lows" I meant LOW NUMBERS not sad/unhappy moments! :oops:
Kim, that should have read "dad of years gone by"
Still waiting for that edit button.........pretty please admin??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby admin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:59 am

Hi DD, We have just got the new site up and running and need to work on this till end of year but start of next year we are looking at the forum...edit button on the list but some of the things that need editing are quite funny :-)
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:24 pm

The day Diva gets a Edit Button will be a sad day indeed...I enjoy her frustration! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Can't we arrange it so that everyone has an Edit Button except Josie? :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Blitz wrote:The day Diva gets a Edit Button will be a sad day indeed...I enjoy her frustration! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Can't we arrange it so that everyone has an Edit Button except Josie? :wink:

Kim

Cheeky!!!! :shock: :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Josie....
Always cheeky...and much what I post is with tongue in cheek! :P :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:47 am

Blitz wrote:Josie....
Always cheeky...and much what I post is with tongue in cheek! :P :lol:

Kim

Yeah I know Kim, wouldn't change it, coz it's why we all luvs ya ta bitz!!! xx :wink: :D
DD Diva

Return to Introductions