It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:47 am

Free Newsletter

HI Im new

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HI Im new

Postby Phoebe13 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:27 am

HI everyone,

Im new to this forum and just want to say "Hi". Ive been losing weight with 'admin changed brand to generic' shakes now for 3 months and Im 17kgs down. Started a new 30 day challenge to day and Im super excited. Hoping to lose 7kgs this round. Its all too easy!

Good luck to everyone on their journey!
Phoebe13

Re: HI Im new

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:23 am

Welcome to the Forum! Good work losing 17kg so far and best wishes in your endeavours to reach your goals. :D

Shakes are okay to kick start your new life but sooner or later you will have to deal with real food that is in the real world.
The sooner you learn what a proper healthy portion size looks like - the sooner you will be able to deal with what real life will throw your way.

Its all too easy!

I'm not sure that statement is really true.
If it were how come so many people fail to reach their goal weight?
Worse still - only 2% of those who have lost a significant amount of weight (20kgs or more) manage to keep it off for a year or more.
I'm glad that you have found it easy so far - but beware this could just be the calm before the storm.
When you get to the pointy end of the journey you may find it tougher going.
Forewarned is forearmed.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: HI Im new

Postby Divalicious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:36 am

Welcome Phoebe13,

And congrats on the awesome loss so far!!! :D

I'm afraid I have to concur with Blitz/Kim that weightloss is anything but "easy"; trust me, it's a slog at the best of times. Sure there are "easier" days but mostly because of distraction than ease. Nevertheless it is a journey of relearning and rediscovery, and I think when you return to the "real world" of "real foods" you may see that it's not as easy as you've had it. The "pointy end" which is where I'm at now, it reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tough, and takes a lot of patience, endurance and a heck of a lot of sweat to get those last few kilos off!! :roll:

Nevertheless, I wish you nothing but the best and know that you'll do it!! You go girl, and remember, it's as much a time for rediscovery as it is for reshaping!! :wink:

Cheers,
Josie
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Return to Introductions