It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Free Newsletter

This is my time to shine!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

This is my time to shine!

Postby timefortiny » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm

I think we all know the feeling when we experience the moment of clarity where we realise that we are fat. Right now I am living that moment.

I am 26 years old, married to a wonderful man, in a great job that i love, surrounded by workmates that acknowledge my skills and contributions and support me when I fall... but I am fat. 110kgs fat. Not just fat... OBESE.

So here I am. I am overhauling my diet, putting together an achievable exercise plan and getting this sorted. For the first time in my life i am not going to be the fat friend or the token fat girl. I am going to match my outsides to my insides. I am going to be 100% me, both inside and out.

I guess i joined this forum as a space to share my journey, be supported, but most of all i feel it is a safe space to document my journey while maintaining a level of accountability.

Here we go... Mission accepted!

Re: This is my time to shine!

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:56 pm

all the best ,get it started and get into the numbers go down.its nearly summer so lets rock and roll and start feeling better..

where are you from?

good luck !!

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:43 am

It sounds like you're doing it sensibly, good on you! Honesty with oneself can be quite helpful - sadly, a lot of people live in denial and never try to fix their problems.

Postby timefortiny » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks Tinkerbella and CronicBadger!

I am up in the Northern Territory - so we are currently in the midst of our beautiful dry season. This means cool mornings, blue skies and lots of sun. I am working to get into a good routine before the wet season sets in and we are dealing with monsoons and cyclones!

I spent the last week working on my diet and getting a plan in place. Tomorrow hubs and I start walking in the morning and hitting the gym three nights a week. I am pretty excited!

Return to Introductions